Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i'm a senior in hs, and have loved to sled since 10. I'm wondering if any of you have had any background with a technical college program like this, and if so , is it worth going into or not? what do u like dislike? this is the only place i could think of to ask before i actually went into it. I love the sport, but any of you that have done this or gone to school for this please give me some info. thanks

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
PowderBound - while I never took a program like this myself I do work for the Department of Advanced Education and Training here in Manitoba. One of the colleges that we deal with does have a 10 month course for just what you are looking for. Every year they have a decent sized class and seem to do well. The students learn much more than just simple maintenance. The goal of the course is to make you employable in the industry and just about every one in the course is able to find a job. You have to really love working on equipment like this because compared to other mechanical fields this one certainly does not pay very much and if we have a bad riding season you could be out of work for a few months. My advice to you is to do some research befor you jump in. Visit a few dealerships or repair shops and speak to the mechanics if you can. Ask questions about the job. Next I would locate a school or college that offers the course and visit the instructor. Do the same thing. Ask questions. Find out how long the course is. Get a detailed program quide, if you can, to see what is taught. You may want to ask around at some of the shops to see if they would recommend a particular school or college. A lot of times several schools or colleges in one area may offer the same course but one school may do a better job of it. I hope this helps. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts