Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the November issue of SnowSports magazine and it has the sled of the year ALREADY!!! Whats with that, the snow hasent came yet.
Anyway the Sled OF the Year - Yamaha RX-1
and the runners up Trail Performance - Arctic Cat zl 600 efi ss
Best Bang For The Buck - Polaris Indy 500 xc
Solo Touring - Ski-Doo legend V-1000 sport
2-up Touring - Ski-Doo GT se 800 sdi
Hybrid - Blade striker X 800
Sport - Polaris Indy 440 Pro X
Performance Special (600cc up) - Arctic Cat Firecat F-7
Performance Special (600cc less) - Ski-Doo MX Z 600 REV
Mountain - Polaris Vertical Escape
Entry - Ski-Doo MX Z 380 F
The magazine said the contenders for the sled of the year were yamaha thumper cats f-7 and doo's rev.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
well who would have guessed the sled of the year would be the rx-1 :0: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :blahblah:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by jwheeler@Oct 7 2002, 08:48 PM
well who would have guessed the sled of the year would be the rx-1 :0: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :blahblah:
No kidding there.

It is crazy that is announced before the majority of the riding public had a chance to use them in real-world riding yet ???

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
:withstupid: :D , i never understood how they could announce that before the public has ridin them!!Put some real miles on them then tell me the sled of the year next march....lol :D :p

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
The amazing thing is how can they make this decision based on pre production sleds. Just take a look at the changes AC has made to the F-7. The fact of the matter is that they had there mids made up even befor they rode them. It was the right decision politically for them. What a scam. Wait untill spring and then the true sled of the year will be known. :cussing:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
It's no different than Motor Trend with their car of the year. Yammi got it for being innovative. It has nothing to do with how fast it really is, or how well built it is.

Remember, even the Chevy Vega took automobile of the year back in it's day. :0:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
??? We can all read about the innovations..........but what good are they if we don't know how they work!!!They should put 1000 miles on them first then name sled of the year......which innovations workied the best, the most reliable, comfortable, and on and on....not everyone buys a sled based on how fast it is..... they should determine it on real world miles after the season is over..... just my 2 cents again :D

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
You will have no arguement from me in THAT regard snowmonkey. I agree fully. All the innovation in the world isn't worth a cent if the machine is always broke.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Wow.. I must have completley missed the boat.. It seems to me that RX realy wasen't hyped like all the others.. I got tired of seeing the Ski-doo commercials on TV for the REV that are in the James Band movie... ;) Maybe I missed the Boat on the Yamaha RX.. From the pictures I saw, It realy didn't look to much differnt... BUt then again I guess the REV and FC kinda reminded me of last years Vipers... So hey, Condrats to YAMAHA. But i still aient selling my kitty!! :D

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I agree with snowmonkey, it doesnt seem right to post that just yet.... when they post em' that early its basically a sales scam. I want a rematch in march heeeehaaaa :withstupid: :cussing:

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
I think this year we need to have a SnowmobileWorld Reader's Choice Sled of the Year.

But only after the snow is flying. maybe in Jan.

·
2,267 Posts
:withstupid: great idea Corey..... but we need reviews from people who have ridden them LOL. viewing reviews shouldnt count

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by PowderBoy@Oct 7 2002, 05:43 PM
:withstupid: great idea Corey..... but we need reviews from people who have ridden them LOL. viewing reviews shouldnt count
OK you supply the sled and i will review it :D

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Originally posted by DanR+Oct 7 2002, 10:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DanR @ Oct 7 2002, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--PowderBoy@Oct 7 2002, 05:43 PM
OK you supply the sled and i will review it :D[/b][/quote]
:withstupid: Sounds like a plan to me!!haha

·
Registered
546 Posts
I guess the sled of the year is there opinion and theres only.
I mean really what the he## do we the public know? LMAO

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I could stick a few cup holders on a 71 elan and some of those
poor excuse for sleddin mags would call that the sled of the year ;)

·
2,267 Posts
Look what i started... I'll get right on the phone with the major 4 and get us some demo sleds...

ring ring..... ring ring.... Hello?------ Hi this is PowderBoy from Snowmobileworld i was wondering if we could get some sleds, oh yeah and that white stuff too ride them on -------- Excuse me? ------- You know like maybe two F5's four F7's and some ZR 900's we have a lot of members on our site, we need to like make a weekend out of it.----- CLICK----- hello hello........ "if you would like to make a call please hang up and try again"

Yep im getting right on it :blahblah:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts