Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a few 06 models. Namely the Z440, ZR900EFI SP, SabreCat 700EFI EXT, and the Crossfire 600/700 series. Going to use it for general trail riding and very occaisional off trail and deep snow.
Any input on which one would be the best value for the money. The only concern with the 440 is maybe a lack of power, or maybe not.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Perhaps you should give a little more info regarding the type of riding you prefer and the price range you want. There's a huge difference in the sleds you've listed.
Do you want electric start, is reverse important to you, does fuel economy play a factor, will the wife or kids be riding the sled, do you like to be first across the lake etc etc....

And by the way, welcome to the site

SWRules

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Fuel factor? On snowmobile? If ya can't afford gas, don't buy one, lol.[/b]
Yea, know it sounds funny but was a huge deciding factor in my purchase last year. The wife and I are legal speed (reasonably :blush: ) trail riders and can now comfortably do a 220km loop without a second thought about where the gas stations are. A great feeling of security to say the least.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i say get the saber cat ext for your style your describing the ext will be great for off trail and on trial and im not but i think you can get reverse and electric start

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input. Got a really good deal on a 07 Panther 570 so I went with that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Fuel factor? On snowmobile? If ya can't afford gas, don't buy one, lol.[/b]

I can afford lots of gas... just gets a little expensive when you are 50 miles by air (or more) from the nearest gas station (you know, iridium sat phone minutes, 3 bucks a gallon for the gas, and waiting 2 hours for the $700 per hour helicopter to get there with the gas). That's why I like sleds that get good fuel economy, so that my day of riding isnt over after 60 miles.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Well I have been riding the crossfire this year, and it is a great combo of everything. Great trail manners, and excells off trail. the longer length is great in the bumps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts