Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWRules Here's one for yah! :) When I told my Dad I'd bought a new sled after 29 years, his first reaction was "Cool!, can't wait to ride it!" Dad is 67 years old, and had been retired for nearly 10 years. But one of the last old die hards in the family concerning sleds. Dad held onto his last one 8 years after everyone else had thrown in the towel.

We got around to talking prices. We talked Ski-Doo. Dad and I Doo, and in his case did the same thing for a living. I am, and he was a Corrections Officer. Blue collar types.

IN 1970 he bought a brand spankin' new 335 Ski-Doo Olympic for a tad over $900. He was making a tad under $3.00 per hour then. I bought a new 2002 500 MXZ Trail for $4680.

In comparison, we both spent a tad over a month and a half of our current wages at the time. Dad and I both bought good solid equiptment of the day. Not the "Flagship",, but not the "Low Price Leader" either.

We decided that Bombardier has really held the line over the years. Especially when you consider the technology advances over 32 years in their products. :inlove:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm probably the only guy on this forum that was brought into sledding by his wife. My family never had them as toys in the winter as we were always gone on Hockey trips.

Well the wife was hooked on Skidoo, even though she grew up on Polaris. She said it was the soft ride of the Doo that impressed her the most. I trust her gut instincts a lot so we went with Doo. See Sig below. I've riden all the other brands and have just purchased a new Polaris. I went with Polaris this time around because I was intrigued (sp) by the ProX and everyone I know who has a Polaris has had nothing but good luck with them. I really think they make a solid product.

To me, its a flip of the coin, DOO/Polaris , you can't go wrong. No matter what segment you are picking from.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oooops,, wrong thread...To dang much turkey and wine.....

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
troll,
things are relevant, just today young families have cottages, boats and all kinds of things that were only for the rich years ago. that's why we all think it is harder to make a living.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts