Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the same tool for my 99 mach1r and have yet to try it out. they did send me a shim to slide on the jack shaft before the tool goes on for the ck3 with rer. i would guess it`s about 1/8 thick i will measure it if you want :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 007oodiks@Nov 3 2002, 12:15 AM
I have the same tool for my 99 mach1r and have yet to try it out.  they did send me a shim to slide on the jack shaft before the tool goes on for the ck3 with rer. i would guess it`s about 1/8 thick i will measure it if you want :D
yea they sent this shim to me also, but its still a good 1/4" off and thats hard to believe?( its that mutch off ) i rode this thing for 2 years never blew a belt or any noticeable wear let me know what you come up with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Millennium Man,
Apparently, according to the manufacturer, the spacer is only used with the ZX RER secondary. You don't use the spacer with the CK3 RER. Also, make sure you leave any shims on the jackshaft when using the tool. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
my tool came with the shim taped to it and on the shim it said ck3 rer shim. the instructions said to leave the stock shims on slide tool on jack shaft and make sure the standoff`s are flush with backside of sheaves. I have yet to try the tool out but when I orderd the tool they were very cool on the phone maybe you should give em a ring. oh yea the shim was 1/8 th thick hope to try it out this weekend

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the same tool at our shop,it didnt come with any spacers or shims,prof said just leave any stock shims on the jack shaft and slide it on,never seen one off by that much with ours.It still might not be a bad idea to call Randy or Vic though,they might have had an update to the tool.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i got a sled pro tool a while ago and mine says "sled pro zx" on it. does yours say ck3? when i used the tool on my sled, with the stock spacer on the shaft, as they say to do, my clutches were off quite a bit. i have been assured that this is very common. i guess about 1% of doo's come with the clutches dialed in on center to center and off set. they were both way off on mine. loosen the motor mounts and move it until your tool fits. it might be a bit more than you think but it will be dialed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"clutchman" i have that shim its 1/8" thick and its a good 1/4" off without the shim its a 1/2" off. it says writtin on the shim ck3 (rer)
now if its off this mutch would it not blow or wear the belt?? i never from new blew or unusual wear the belt. just for note center to center is right on. they told me at sled pro two different phone calls to take off the protector cup leave stock shim on put the supplied shim and go from there. just hard to believe,going to try it on another rer mach z in a day or so.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My tool also has ck3 right on it , I still have not used it though.The reason I bought it was my sled (not mine since new but rode with it alot) kills belts about 200 mi and the motor has ben aligned by the dealer more than once. After this weekend I will have a idea of what`s ben done to the sled and go from there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 007oodiks@Nov 4 2002, 09:34 PM
my tool came with the shim taped to it and on the shim it said ck3 rer shim. the instructions said to leave the stock shims on slide tool on jack shaft and make sure the standoff`s are flush with backside of sheaves. I have yet to try the tool out but when I orderd the tool they were very cool on the phone maybe you should give em a ring. oh yea the shim was 1/8 th thick hope to try it out this weekend
hey 007oodiks did you try that tool yet ???

·
Registered
176 Posts
not yet sorry I have the sno scoot in the garage right know but that will be out soon.I`am realy hopping to find mine out and maybe that`s were all the belt`s are going

1 - 11 of 11 Posts