Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS PULLING MY BUDDYS SLED HOME TODAY, AFTER I BURNT UP MY FIRST BELT IT STARTED TO ENGAGE AT A HIGHER R.P.M. IS USED TO ENGAGE AT 4200 R.P.M.'S NOW IT ENGAGES AT ABOUT 4600, WHAT DID I DO TO IT?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
maybe your spare was worn...or else the clutch could have glazed over and it was slipping a bit.  

Last edited by Rocketman at April 02, 2002, 9:27pm

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IT FEELS LIKE THE BRAKE IS ON FOR JSUT THAT LITTLE BIT BETWEEN 4200 AND 4600 THEN WHEN IT HITS 4600 IT GOES FINE, BUT MY SPARE BELT IS BRAND NEW NEVER TOUCHED

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Yeah...forst of all, a brand new belt should never pull a sled...that belt is toasted...that feeling is the belt slipping on the clutch. You will need two new belts man..and I suggest breaking them both in before you pull another guy again!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
That could be it Rocketman. Pro x,what is the normal engagment RPM for that machine? Correct me if I'm wrong but if the belt is worn(skinnywise) and a new belt is installed,that would have an RPM engagement differance.I would assume that the RPMs would be lower upon engagement with a new belt.So it could be a clutch face problem or internal clutch problem?
??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I DIDN'T REPLACE THE BELT UNTIL IT COULDN'T PULL IT ANYMORE, THEN I UNHOOKED IT PUT MY NEW BELT ON AND WENT HOME AND GOT 5-WHEELER TO PULL HIM HOME

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Oh..in that case, there is probably just some residue left from buring the other belt up. Take some acetone and scotchbrite pad to it and blow it off real good. That should fix it up.

BTW..why are you yelling?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts