Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma and a Summit 800 144. I need to come up with an idea for loading my sled. The ski stance is to wide for the wheel wells. Does anyone else have a small truck/sled combination ? Any ideas or pictures of a ramp/deck system that one can build ? Any ideas ?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
When I had my '88 S15, I put a piece of plywood on two 2 x 6s. The plywood was high enough that the skis would slide over the top of the wheelhouses.

The 2 x 6s extended out from the plywood, so you could attach a two piece ramp. When the sled was loaded, I'd slide the ramps under the platform.

Attachments

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
http://www.atvramps.com/atv-snowmobile_ramp.htm

You can buy foldable ones that are lightweight... That is just one site i know if... The collapsable ones are nice, and easy to store... you can make your own but in the end it will be heavy, bulky, and somewhat hard to truck around.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
What always amazes me w/people using ramps and trucks, most tailgates don't have more than a 100 lbs capacity.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would build a support up from the reese hitch if I where you. Toyota tailgates cannot handle the weight of a sled. We bent two of them on a friends Tacoma with a MXZ600. The first time we just thought we need to be more careful but we sere wrong. In my Dakota I built a little ramp to hold just the skis up over the wheelwell. That way you wont't raise the center of gravity up super high. It slopes from wheelwell height down towards the back of the cab so the ski tips still end up against the wall of the box without chance of slipping up into the back window.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I just back my truck into a snow bank usually and drive the machine aboard, but when there isint any place around i just call my loading team to come out lift it aboard. :p

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by jwheeler@Oct 28 2002, 11:44 AM
I just back my truck into a snow bank usually and drive the machine aboard, but when there isint any place around i just call my loading team to come out lift it aboard. :p
BTDT

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
If you have a weak tailgate then i would remove it when loading, although it is a pain it will save the tailgate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts