Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cleaned the carbs on my 02 mxz500 and when I started it back up it reved right out. Im thinking air leak, or, no oil due to a air lock in the oil pump. I also changed the oil tank and filter, and i dont know if I need to purge the lines or prime the pump or anything????? with the carbs, I have flat slides, I re-set the pilot screw, slide height and checked the needles, everything looks good. I also had the reeds out, and the cage did not stay attatched to the boot. Is this normal? do I need any sealant or anything on the mating surfaces? Please help!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
sounds like you most def. have an air leak.... check your boots for a rip from folding while you were installing

also check the caps on the carbs.... crossthreaded? not tight? do you have a primer line bung on the carb that is open? any other bungs on the carb open?

and finally double check you reed cage bolts and pretty much everything before the carbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like you most def. have an air leak.... check your boots for a rip from folding while you were installing

also check the caps on the carbs.... crossthreaded? not tight? do you have a primer line bung on the carb that is open? any other bungs on the carb open?

and finally double check you reed cage bolts and pretty much everything before the carbs.[/b]
dThanx alot 670 freak Ill be sure to check all of that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts