Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time back i saw a wall mount system for a snowmolbile in a garage or shed. The product mounted to the wall and allowed you to crank your sled up against the wall vertically. My first question is, does anyone have one and does it work good? second does anyone know the company that sells them?

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
If you have two sleds i would recommend stacking them... but the crank system I havent seen that you can buy as a whole... However it wouldnt have to be purchased... you could realistically make it yourself.. Some ropes and a boat winch and you could suspend the machine from just about anywhere with the right support... we have jerry rigged one like this when we were swapping a track once.... some anchors in the beams above the garage and the machine we hang there forever

·
Registered
272 Posts
Originally posted by jacqui583@Nov 8 2002, 07:27 PM
Just curious; wouldn't this affect the fluids in the sled? Would they start draining out somehow?

Jacqui.
Well if you had drained the gas, the oil and the coolant should be air tight, should they not? Also the chain case is sealed.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think the one he's looking for stores the sleds horizontally. It's kind of like a self-standing shelf with a lift.

I've seen them also and even talked to the guy but I can't remember the name.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i dont think it would hurt them if you raised it level if you had it vertical then it would but dran the liquids and you would be fine.. it would sure save space...

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
OH, I just had total recall! It was called the Hangman Storage System. I don't see it on Fast's website anymore,tho. If it was ever there, it was long ago.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Years ago I used to store my sleds vertically against a wall in the garage. I rigged a couple of pulleys and used a boat winch hooked to the front bumper to pull it up. Worked fine. That was when sleds weren't over about 450 lbs and 8' long. Now my sleds are too long and too heavy, and I'm too lazy. Garage walls (most anyway) are 8', most sleds are 9' or more. At the time there were no problems associated with storing them vertical.

AL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts