Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is putting on a sled track take a lot of experience ??  and does anyone have a webpage that gives instructions??

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
#Text Deleted. Competitor Offsite linking not allowed - SWWebmaster

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Sled crazy what kinda sled are you working on.  Its not to hard on an AC I know.  Biggest think is to have some way of lifting the back end up and two or more guys.  I can give more descriptions about an AC if it helps.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Come on corey i wasent advertising for them, it was just an article on track changing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have changed three tracks over the past two years. One on my former Rupp 440 and two on two different Kawi Drifters.
It is not a hard task on the older sleds and probably very similar on the new sleds. First, I recommend lift the back of the sled with a hoist-the higher it is, the easier it will be to work on.  You have a Ski-Doo so you will have to pop off the springs and loosen the track tension.  Then drop the rear suspension.  Pop the hood and drain the oil out of the chaincase.  Pull off the chaincase cover and remove the sprockets and chain.  Keep everything in order, it makes putting it back together much easier.  Then proceed to remove the drive axle shaft.  Remove the bearing carrier on the recoil side of the tunnel.  Then carefully pull the axle out with a side ways motion.  Pull the whole assembly out and while you have the suspension out, check the slides and all other parts...bushings, shocks,etc. To put it back do the steps in reverse. You may need some extra hands to help put the new track in place.  Hope this helps a little and like I said this worked on the oldies, so it should work on yours.

·
Registered
120 Posts
changing tracks on all brands of sleds is basically the same,it is not a hard thing to do and gets really easy after the first couple of times.
I would set you up with a step by step instruction, but from what I gather linking to another site is not aloud

not sure I really understand that,but to each his own

1 - 7 of 7 Posts