Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone have a trip or place they wanted to ride to, but couldn't because of the weather this season? I was getting panicky before our trip up north. The New Liskeard/earlto area was marginal & Chapleau didn't have any snow.

·
Registered
413 Posts
They just got snow about 2-3 weeks before our trip was planned, but I still didn't get to go.  The day before we were set to leave my in-law(who I was going with) grandmoter was admitted to the hospital and passed away a week later.  During that time my grandmother was addmitted to the hospital and passed away a week later.   Then after all of that was over, everyones window of oppertunity had passed and we couldn't make it.  As we were contimplating leaving after the funerals, the lodge owner called to say that they got something like 3 ' in two days with drifts on the trails in the 10'-12' range.  Sounds like a good thing, but it was too much of a good thing.  He told us to stay home because the groomers couldn't get out and things wouldn't be ridable for a week.  The trails weren't groomed and the lakes were covered in a few feet of slush from the pressure of all the snow.  He said you couldn't get anywhere.  So I managed to put about 100 miles on a sled.  What a bummer of a season.  I ordered new for next year, can't wait.  Hope is snow's heavy and often.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i missed out on the rides around my home, those are the most fun and least tiring. you stop every ten minutes to get somebody off the couch and away to the next guys house. then after messing around at that for a few hours i go to a local restaraunt that is too close to home for regular visiting and get to see the local yocals there. just a great all day trip that covers 40 miles that i have to do a couple times throughout the season and when i've had enough when the boys want to go do something that i am too lazy for i go home and play chesterfield rugby with momma.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Had to wait a couple extra weeks but still manged to get in 3 trips to northern Ontario

·
Registered
752 Posts
Wow cool it worked ...sorry never posted pic's before and was playing with a new scanner . This opens up a whole new world of possibilites.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts