Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when im riding in fields or trails or the lake, my skis turn to easy, i barely turn the handlebars, and they skis move.  its very tippy like this, i hate it, how do i get it to turn harder, so it takes more effort to turn the handlebars, i cant even go fast on fields with fresh snow, and a very small amount of ice over the snow because my skis are going everywhich way, i have to hold on for dear life or the handlebars will turn and there i go sailing off.  its happened once.  with my friends xc 500 it takes much more effort to turn the handlebars, and i like that, it also handles much better.  so how do i make mine better?

·
Registered
100 Posts
What model sled, and what type of skis do you have?

In general, all you have to do is suck up the limiter strap a little, and/or increase front spring preload.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, its an 01 mxz 600. with the standard skis, the plastic ones.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Just stiffen up the front shocks and/or loosen off the centre shock. That should increase the steering effort. read the sticker on the belt guard. Its all written there.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ditch those stock skis they are useless,invest in a pair of C&A'S,or USIPX301'S,you will be amazed at the difference

·
Registered
115 Posts
  Definetly go up a couple of clicks on the front shocks, it makes a huge difference even one notch u will notice a change, especialy on lakes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts