Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the value of a 71 S-400 Skiroule in excellent shape? I just aquired one and i'm thinking of redoing the frame by sand blasting then repainting it ! Then I'm planning on sending the parts that need chroming out to be done. The reason I would like to do this is there is the matching caboose still in storage yet. All I have to do is get the guy to depart with it . Where would i get the correct paint code? Any help apreciated.  

·
Registered
741 Posts
As far as vaule this is how I see it on an older sled. If you restore it oh so perfect and spend many hours on it. If somebody had that sled as a kid and just has o have one maybe $1000.00?? unless it is a racer, those are more popular. I have put mucho $$$ into quite a few sleds only to sell them for chicken scratch like $300.00 -$400.00. I do it for the love of the sport not for money. Kevin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I get the caboose that matches it , that would be a sweet looking resto. The only thing I  dont want to redo is the hood !The stickers are in great shape some small cracks but nothing major. Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
"EXCELLENT CONDITION" MEANS THE FRAME SHOULDN'T NEED SANDBLASTING. IT'S WORTH MUCH MORE WITH THE MATCHING CABOOSE. I WOULD GUESS $1200 FOR THE SET TO THE RIGHT GUY. SLEDDIN FOOL IS CORRECT. THE PERFORMANCE SLEDS BRING MORE $$$$

·
Registered
731 Posts
Kevins right, and I think it goes for all sleds new, vintage, hi-perf...
I don't know if you can make $$ on any of it.
I like the idea of you keeping the hood as is. If it in good shape from 1971 it adds to the sled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts