Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just finished putting my 92 skidoo mach 1 back together. Got it started today, decided to get it off the trailer and bring it around to the driveway. I let it warm up on the trailer for a few minutes then rode it off. It seemed to be ok until i hit a decent hill. The sled would bog, even if i tipped it to the side like if i was clearing the track and hit the gas the track still wouldnt spin. i hit the kill switch, and pulled it back off before the engine stopped turning and it started to accelerate. I got it to the garage and was thinking maybe it was because the air box was off? There was a little popping comming out of the pto carb.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
how far you ride it without the airbox? could have leaned it out pretty good

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the belt is good, i cleaned where the belt runs on the clutch with some scotch brite pad. It was moving but then stopped, wouldnt rev up, but then started to move fine again. I was thinking it was a fuel issue since it started to ride fine after but im not sure?

·
4,440 Posts
well it is lean without the air box. a lean engine will pop out the carb. have the carbs been cleaned?

·
4,440 Posts
just a senario: sled moves fine secondary upshifts to fast and it boggs. it is dirty does not backshift will not pull the higher ratio off idle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i just cleaned them thats what i had to put back together, it all makes sence now its because of the airbox not being on and the secondary being dirty. Thanks for the help, i havnt cleaned the secondary yet.

·
4,440 Posts
yea i just cleaned them thats what i had to put back together, it all makes sence now its because of the airbox not being on and the secondary being dirty. Thanks for the help, i havnt cleaned the secondary yet.[/b]
next thing you need to determine is , was the bog from the lean a/f ratio? just a cold engine? or was it the secondray upshifting to fast? which would require a higher spring setting or more often just a new spring. springs often get overllooked. they do loose their tension sitting in the compressed state they often do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts