Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well actually it runs but maybe for five seconds. just unsummerized last week and got most of the storage oil burnt out. ran great. cleaned the carbs. got everything back together and fired it up. it floods out rapidly and will die even with WOT. got to looking at it and it appears oil is being sucked into the fuel pump from the oil tank and this is my problem. What do I do? Is it just sucking oil into the crankcase? How can I prevent this from occurring again? I am fairly certain this is the problem because my oil tank is not full any more? help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Did you have your oil lines off?

Are you sure your oil intake line is connected to
the oil pump and not the crankcase. This is the
line with the white filter in it coming from the oil
tank. The pump is on the lower front of the engine
with the cable that moves when you depress the
throttle.

The crankcase has a vacumn line that goes to the fuel pump.
They could be switched.

I'm doing this from memory, so I hope to get it right.
The vacumn line to the fuel pump is a straight connection
from the case. The oil return line is a 90 degree connection.

If you are ever unsure about connections, its best
to go to www.inglesperformance.com and look at the
microfiche. At least they have a 00 800 there that
can help you out. If the 800 doesn't have all the diagrams,
go to the 700.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
When you say it floods out are you seeing fuel coming out of the overflows? if so then you have a float problem either small dirt particles which will allow the needles to leak or the float height is outa wack hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Also there is no way the fuel pump can draw oil unless you hooked up the oil line to the intake side of the pump, where are you seeing oil? could it be from too much storage oil in the crankcase? :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Im with formulaman, the fuel pump has nothing to do with the oil!! Totally unrelated. You could have oil bleeding thru the oil pump into the motor, you could have a bad fuel pump diphragm causing fuel to be sucked into the case thru the impulse line. You could also have a bad seal in the motor thats letting oil from the waterpump/oil pump shaft cavity leak into the motor. If youre sure its oil take it to the dealer, if its an '02 800 its still under warranty if you hurry, in fact if its an '01 a good dealer should be able to warranty it for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem only mine would run extremly rich on oil. took the oil pump of and apart and noted it had somehow stuck internaly. cleaned it up and everything is a okay.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts