Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just got myself a 1999 MXZ 670HO in September. It started on the 4th pull when i bought it, but now when I try to start it it doesn't want to run.

I checked and I do have spark, I took out all of the gas in hte tank and put new premium in. I also took the plugs out, put some gas right in each cyl and started it. It runs fine when I do that but dies after the gas in the cyl runs out.

I havent checked the fuel line yet because I'm having trouble finding it.

The primer does feel kind of "empty" when I pump it, do you think that is what it could be. Any other ideas?

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
does not sound like its getting gas up there. only when you put it in yourself. if the primer is empty feeling, it probably is. fuel line, pulse line to pump.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Check to make sure the fuel shut off valve behind the RH foot rest is open then keep pumping the primer until you feel resistance. Pump it 3 more times and start. Once started you may need to give it 2 or 3 additional pumps to stabilize the idle.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Same thing happened to the guy that lives next to me. His wife got the X-husbands sled in the divorce settlement and he wanted to take it out for a spin would not start. I put a hair dryer under the hood with a blanket over it for 40min and it started right up. The fuel line was frozen up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked all around and can't find any kind of fuel shut off. I guess someone took it out. I think I'll just bring it into my mechanic, but I'll try looking again on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I don't believe there are any fuel shutoffs on a 99.....Open the hood and look at the fuel lines and the primer lines...You will be able to see the fuel moving through the lines if there is any..Is the tank full?...Sometimes you have to work the primer quite a bit to get the fuel moving if its been sitting for a long time.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
been awhile since a 670 came to me. but I remember the red shut off , on the 99, by the rightside foot support.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to follow up,
I brought it into my mechanic. Turns out their was a clog in the fuel line, and water in the carbs. Someone really didn't store it properly.

Thanks for the help
Jason

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
It has to have a shut off , It,s right where Thumbdoctor said. Good thing it did,nt start you would of had some work to do .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts