Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be long reading but it is intersting.

Sled Stats
ISMA snowmobile statistics from the year 2000/2001 season. All dollar amounts in US funds.

What is the average age of a snowmobile owner... and other useful information.

2001 SNOWMOBILE SALES
Worldwide 208,542
United States 46,973
Canada 140,629

The average suggested retail price of a new snowmobile sold in 2001 was $5,800.

LICENSED SNOWMOBILE DEALERS
United States 1,570
Canada 1,061
Scandinavia 403

REGISTERED SNOWMOBILES
Worldwide 2.7 million
United States 1.6 million
Canada 318,000
Scandinavia 318,000

WORLDWIDE SALES
1993 158,000
1994 181,000
1995 227,400
1996 252,324
1997 260,735
1998 257,936
1999 230,887
2000 208,297
2001 208,592

The most popular engine size of recently acquired snowmobiles is in the 500-cc range.

ECONOMIC IMPACT
United States $7 billion annually
Canada $3.6 billion annually
Scandinavia $1.6 billion

Over 75,000 full-time jobs are generated by the snowmobile industry in North America. Those jobs are involved in manufacturing, dealerships and tourism related businesses.

The average snowmobiler is 42 years of age.

Average annual household income $68,000.

The average snowmobiler rides 1,202 miles per year.

The average snowmobiler has 18 years of experience riding.

The average snowmobiler spends $4,000 each year on snowmobile related recreation, tourism and products.

75 per cent of snowmobilers are married. The average snowmobile family has 0.8 children living at home with them.

63 per cent of snowmobilers usually trailer their snowmobiles when they go for a ride. 37 per cent either snowmobile from their primary residence or have a vacation home where they keep and use their snowmobiles.

Approximately 80 per cent of snowmobilers use their snowmobiles for trail riding and touring in marked and groomed trails.

20 per cent of snowmobilers use their snowmobiles for work and ice fishing.

75 per cent of snowmobilers are married. The average snowmobile family has 0.8 children living at home with them.

Snowmobilers spend on the average 7.2 nights per snowmobile season in a motel/resort while snowmobiling.

Snowmobilers are caring neighbours, they raised over $3 million for charity during the 2000/2001 season.

Approximately 17 per cent of all snowmobilers are part of the senior circuit - 60 years or older. 37 per cent of snowmobilers are 50 years or older.

There are over 225,000 miles of groomed and marked snowmobile trails in North America that have been developed by volunteer clubs with local government and private land owners.

There are over 3,000 snowmobile clubs worldwide, involved in trail grooming and charity fund-raising and family activities.

There are 40 registered non-profit associations representing snowmobilers in the U.S., Canada and Scandinavia.

Snowmobiling is a great exercise that brings people outdoors to interact with nature and each other. It is an invigorating sport that is great for stress release and good mental health.

Snowmobiling is a great family sport. It is an activity that keeps parents and kids together. Historically, individuals who snowmobile at a young age continue to snowmobile with their parents and continue in the sport throughout their lives, sharing great experiences as a family. In many winter regions, snowmobiling is simply the main form of winter outdoor recreation and in some cases the main method of transportation available.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
See, that's why I don't have a kid. Who wants 0.8 of a kid.
for any of you who would like a whole kid, I will gladly sell you 0.2 of a kid, so that you can have a whole one.

I'm making this offer here 1st, since you guys are my friends. First come, first served. If I have any left over next week, I may put them on e-bay.

FishHog

·
Registered
483 Posts
Quick question, if I read it right,in Canada in 2001 they sold 140,000 new sleds, but only 318,000 registered in the country?Seems a little low to me for all those sleds going out the door, unless you don't have to register them ;) Also it said the 500cc class was the biggest seller, did it happen to give % for all classes, just curious.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I like the 68,000 average income :( Not even close in my household ???

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I think that sled sales dropped for a couple of reasons. first of all who wants to spend $6k and up every year, and second of all sleds are becoming more reliable year after year so we tend to keep them longer. I like those stats they were very interesting... but i cant wait to reach the 68,000 income and the .8 kid thing... then i will call fishog

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
thank god for the seniors in sledding becuase if it weren't for those retirees the whole system would be crap.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I think overall those numbers are right on. Except for the numbers of sleds registered in canada. I think its closer to 1 million, acually probably more.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Im with Yarek ha ha ha :withstupid:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Great stats....they oughta get us some lobbyists in Washington to help our causes...you know, cause money talks, and obviously our sport dumps some dollars in the economy.

Fishog, funny comments :p Now I can see why women want you!!

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
hahahaha :withstupid:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts