Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out Pinks on SPEED. They're racing Yammis in Texas.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet most of the folks in the grandstand have never seen a sled before :p

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
It was on Speed. I hate that show. I get tired of them argueing. Line them up and race!!

·
10,054 Posts
We dont get any channels like that here in the middle of nowhere,,,, gonna have to break down and invest in direct tv I think,,, this 30ish channels just isnt cutting it anymore,,, but still better than the 7 or 8 we had at home when I was growing up,,,,

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
yes November

but today is the 1st airing of it

very close racing each heat

no sandbagging like the cars

thumbs up to both :thumbsup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
The show is dragged out too much, as XCR583 said, just line up and race. They try and get the audience at home into the fight to and I think that the real races are fun, but besides that, its boring.

Frank

·
Registered
337 Posts
what channel.?[/b]
SPEED

Is there any other channel?
Actually it was better when Nascar didn't own it (at least they seem to).
RIP Speedvision :thumbsup:

Anyway, back to PINKS. This was one of the finest PINKS I've seen. Good sportsmanship and close races.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I've seen the show before, but got annoyed at all the bickering and problems with vehicles trannys blowing, etc. But this show with the sleds didn't have any breakdowns and was enjoyable to watch. Both riders are from the TY website.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
ya think they would have a proper timing system by now . :confused: TOO MUCH WHINING AND SANBAGGING GOING ON FOR ME TO WATCH.

that show is nothing like going to a real drag race event. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
SPEED

Anyway, back to PINKS. This was one of the finest PINKS I've seen. Good sportsmanship and close races.[/b]

AMEN

NASCRAP had taking over

It was a great channel 4-5yrs ago before all the Nascar BS

Boogity boogity :p

·
Registered
657 Posts
They do too much fighting, that's for sure. And when one guy loses by less than half a length... remind me again how the host thinks it's fair to suggest 5 lengths??? It's just to get the watchers emotional about what's going on. If ya can't race straight up... ya can't race. The idea behind racing is to see who's the fastest... not who can "outwit" the other. At least not when pinks are involved. Not in the real world. Even if they had to limit races to certain hp vs same hp for each race to make things interesting... a true race does not need sympathy from the competition for each and every race that takes place.

It's like a gun fight... except the guy with the smaller gun gets to fire closer than the guy with the larger gun, and they take turns firing at one another :D

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Anyway, back to PINKS. This was one of the finest PINKS I've seen. Good sportsmanship and close races.[/b]
Absolutely, talk about close races!! Beats the heck out of the sandbaggers in their cars whining,whining, whining etc....

·
Registered
329 Posts
i went to speed and can't find the sled races. could someone post a link.

thx jrbbq

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SPEED

Actually it's FOX that owns it. I can't wait till the coverage on ESPN starts this summer.

I'm sick of the Toyota cheerleading from DW :cussing: :bash: .

I don't normally watch pinks, because anytime I've glanced @ it, the "posses" around each driver seem like a bunch of idiots.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Just saw that episode last night!.. might fine episode I must say..my fav yet..dont watch much of pinks catch it once and a while.. usually get bored and watch some 2003 snow trax videos haha.. but this really was quite the episode and that VMAX really ran well against a sled that I THOUGHT had alot more horse power and speed.. APEX 150hp + (didnt say how much Nitrous) - maybe another 15-20 hp? ... that vmax is quite the sled.. I loved the Old School Vs Newschool (with mods)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just saw that episode last night!.. might fine episode I must say..my fav yet..dont watch much of pinks catch it once and a while.. usually get bored and watch some 2003 snow trax videos haha.. but this really was quite the episode and that VMAX really ran well against a sled that I THOUGHT had alot more horse power and speed.. APEX 150hp + (didnt say how much Nitrous) - maybe another 15-20 hp? ... that vmax is quite the sled.. I loved the Old School Vs Newschool (with mods)[/b]
I liked that episode too: it's interesting to know that without nitrous, the new Apex could not have won a single race against the ten year old stock VMAX. Coming from the words of the Apex racer. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts