Snowmobile World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 xlt I have been running in the Imp. stock 600 class I would like to put slide lubricators on it I have the bottle mounted but I do not know where on the slide rail to mount the lube lines, do I need to drill the hole at an angle through the slide rail, it would be greatly appreciated if I could get some help. :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
if u want to add slide lube yeah u could drill thru the rail just in the front part of the skid. what i did was add an extra fuel pump off of the pulse line worked real well. but do u not have enough wheels under it? of u do what i do now is take the sliders out and shave them down. this way u do not need lube your sliders will not even touch at all

·
Registered
678 Posts
I used to know a guy that held the 250cc world record on lake drags, they used to drip antifreeze on the slides. I don't know if they would allow this anymore, it's been several years since I've been involved.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed all my idler wheels except for 6, 4 in the back and the 2 on the top in the back, I have the slide lubers mounted on the front of the rail and I am using some biodigadible slide lube so there is no polluting of the lakes, last year I was getting 108 mph in 1000 ft. I think the slide lubers will help me go fast this winter. thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
We add lube to the front rails before the front shock mount. You do not have to drill holes in the rails. Try a small overflow type tank and mount on the right hand side above the foot rest. I normally just gravity flow with a valve to shut it off. You can't use anti-freeze anymore. try RV anti freeze its none toxic.

·
Registered
310 Posts
grease also works great. I put some on my rails when I went draggin down at the local field.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts