Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was removing my rear shock for rebuilding this aft and I noticed that my slide rails are slightly groved in where the shaft for the shock as well as the shaft for the idlers behind the shock meet the rails (see below). Is this something I should worry about or should I just put everything back together making sure everything is tight?

One more thing, on one of the rails, the hole for the shock shaft is also slightly egg shaped.

P.S. The machine's still under warranty, is this something that usually covered?

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had the rails replaced under warranty last year on my 01zr8. Took it in for shock recharge and dealer spotted elongated holes. He said there were some made that appeared to have inferior aluminum, while most were OK. :D

·
Registered
884 Posts
Some Models had inferior Aluminum, try all of them! To fix this problem on my ZR and Brothers Sno-Pro, I added Material to the inside and outside of the Rails in those two locations. I had 1/4" thick aluminum welded to them to add support. In doing this to the inside as well as the outat part oside, I had to shorten the two Shafts so they would fit inbetween the inside of the Rails. I am doing a ZR 600 right now and am just going to add the Material to the outside and I will see what it does. I think their design is Pi$$ Poor on that part of the rails.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I swapped my rails side for side so now the shafts have fresh flat material on the inside to start wearing against.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts