1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
443 Posts
i think they should be replaced, if they look like they have worn pretty good you should replace them.

when was the last time they were replaced?

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Nick, there is a line on the sides of the hyfax that is the wear line. I would change them as they are cheap and you have the skid out. hyfax is much cheaper than rails.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant see any line. But they look pretty beat up. They were last changed like five years ago but its been sitting for 4.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
get graphite sliders they are $2 more

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will i be able to find them for my short suspension?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
ya

just cut them

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could you/someone give me a link to some graphite sliders? Preferably 47 inches.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
id say forget the sliders and get a new sled, my .02[/b]

:blahblah: I wish

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I am with sledheaddude, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM. without having a parent whom loved sleddin' as much as I, I would have been riding what ever I could buy at your age. and I did when my dad sold his. we all start somewhere.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, my parents arent big into it. My real dad is but hes kinda poor. He gave me his sled.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
don't listen to him!!![/b]

I am with sledheaddude, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM. without having a parent whom loved sleddin' as much as I, I would have been riding what ever I could buy at your age. and I did when my dad sold his. we all start somewhere.[/b]
hey hey now im was not trying to be mean, dave shot me in the head good that time. it really is nice to see someone who is sledding even know no one else in his family does, its a great sport. i was there to though riding anything i could get my hands on, you just have fun with what you got. had many of fun day trying to kill myself with a 91 indy 500 sp with 10,000+ miles in it

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Do they have fleet farms stores in mi ? If so they have hyfax real cheap all colors , And just cut them yourself copy the ones you are replacing.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Also I see that you maybe will be looking for a new track , check on line for used parts and salvage parts to.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i would change them forsure your going to all the trouble of changing the track. also you know you will get at least another 5 years out of your sled with all brand new everything.your dooing the right thing. just live by this rule with an older sled,if your in doubt and it dosn't look right change it. just think you have all summer to replace stuff on your sled. but when the snow flies again you will be riden a new citation around with no worries. my wife and kids got me a t shirt and it fits my personality very well it says ( if it ain't broke change stuff till it is) :thumbsup: i'm with ya dude you just keep dooing what you are and that sled will be a great little ride,and best of all its all yours and its bought and paid for. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
id say forget the sliders and get a new sled, my .02[/b]

Hey Nick

This is your lucky day.

Timespentsearching's name refers to the fact that he has spent time searching for that one lucky young lad that needed a leg up into our beloved and very expensive past time that we all love so much. You will receive one of his several sleds. He can't ride them all at once and he'd much rather have is Lady friend riding on the back with him. So he's going to ship one of his sleds to you. Just PM him your delivery address and he'll look after you. You will end up riding a Polaris instead of a Skidoo, but at least you'll be a riding a newer sled as he suggested. Aren't you glad you made that post TimeSS? LOL.

On a serious note, I've been reading all of your posts and I think it's great that at your age, that you're so eager to tackle anything when it comes to keeping your ride going. I think your a great example to so many youths of today. Keep it up. YOU ROCK!!!

Good luck.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 35 Posts