Snowmobile World banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
wow, I LOVE this site. I go to dootalk and they treat me like a noob and they act like i know nothing about sleds (which i kind of dont). I ask them a noob question and they respond with a smart a## question. Thanks guys for all your help!! SWRules

yes there are farm and fleet stores around, but i dont think they sell hyfaxes. Its mainly farm stuff, like for horses. Ill probably just order them of DK. I cant seem to find any white ones tho. But black is fine.
I did find one nice person on dootalk, hes giving me a slighty used track for $160, and for $200 ill get the track, 2 external coils, rear shock, and if i pay by the end of this week ill get the airbox boots. (mine are severely cracked).

It is my first sled and its old so i dont want to put too much money into it. Maybe later i will and then ill give it to my brother. Hes 9.

·
Administrator_X
5,122 Posts
wow, I LOVE this site. I go to dootalk and they treat me like a noob and they act like i know nothing about sleds (which i kind of dont). I ask them a noob question and they respond with a smart a## question. Thanks guys for all your help!! SWRules

yes there are farm and fleet stores around, but i dont think they sell hyfaxes. Its mainly farm stuff, like for horses. Ill probably just order them of DK. I cant seem to find any white ones tho. But black is fine.
I did find one nice person on dootalk, hes giving me a slighty used track for $160, and for $200 ill get the track, 2 external coils, rear shock, and if i pay by the end of this week ill get the airbox boots. (mine are severely cracked).

It is my first sled and its old so i dont want to put too much money into it. Maybe later i will and then ill give it to my brother. Hes 9.[/b]
I wish I could be more help to you. It's just been so long since I've worked on anything tha told that I just don't remember all of it. Working on these things, it's sometimes better to just muddle through it yourself rather than have someone like me give you the wrong info. I'm keeping an eye on your progress and if I can help I certainly will. Keep up the good work! There are plenty of here to help you through it all. I especially like your last sentence. "Maybe later i will and then ill give it to my brother. Hes 9." I'm proud of you!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
You might want to check Mills FLeet Farms in wis they have a lot of snowmobile parts that are a good price , It may be put away until next year I,am not sure . I bought a pair of sliders for my sled for 10.00.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
links dont work, just send me to A.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
page 165(reg) and 163(graphite)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
pg 163 says straps?

Aww, they dont have black :cussing:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
go down bottom of page it there

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
oops 164 sorry

·
Registered
252 Posts
good call frezer royal will have everything and then some for his sled. they can get you anything you want for your old sled. i used to get all kinds of stuff there for my older ones.they doo have a wide variety of colours in sliders, red ,orange ,yellow, purple, black , white.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Enjoy your sled.... Even though new sled are nice and reliabable.... I rode a 72 arctic cat puma till i got out of college.....had more fun on that snowmobile.... dont have to worry about wrecking it, take it whereever you want, do whatever you want on it, and best of all when you start taking things apart and learning the ins and outs of a snowmobile, your not as scared that your going to mess anything up.... I still have that 72 in my parents garage.... Those old sled, its hard to kill them.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: YOu and your brother should have a good time on that for years to come...... If you have any questions i would be glad to try and help.... I dont know if you a a answer on your sliders... Unless you have a long track and order then long, the sliders usually come in one length, and you just cut them down yourself.....

Rob :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Im jsut curious, how far do you think i should take the ol' sled on the trails? Like how many miles? Im kinda afraid to take if for a long trip.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Depends really..... I took it up north a couple times, but i live in Illinois so a lot of my riding was around here when we had snow. I would try and ride with someone in case something did happen.... get towedd back... but i would usually end up riding by myself a lot.... i always had a cell phone with me...... and let people know where im going..... I would wait and ride it close to home for a bit to see how it reacts... then if its riding good go ahead and take it out....

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah, thats what i was gonna do. Me and my step bro (whos 19) are gonna go riding with his friends by my dads house in sister lakes. Hes gonna fix up a 1979 blizzard. So we'll both be on old fixed sleds.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts