Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering do the colored slides last as long as the black slides? I would like to put colored ones on , but if there not going to last long I'm not going to.

A

·
0 Posts
I get just as much life from the colored ones as I do with the black ones.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I always use the colored ones, and last just as long as the black ones.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I use coloured ones, but the black ones typically will last a bit longer. Dying the coloured plastics weakens the polymers a bit and typically, the coloured hyfax won't last as long as black or grey.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mike, Does that realy work?? It seems like a realy good idea.. The snow probly melts and forms ICE up in those little Holes... But on the other side isn't that harder on your track clips??? Instead of Metel on Plastic, you have Metal on ice.... How do your Clips look? Beat up or the same as always??

Also BlackMXZ, Only put colored one's if your gonna have it on the trailer alot.. Cause when your Pounding down the trail... HOw many people do you know Look at other people's Slides?? I hope not.. Your eyes should be on the trail ahead! Just something else to think about.

·
Registered
310 Posts
well some people like to look at their sled for hours sitting in the garage and admire it. (me) lol.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
zr006catman,it does work.but I see you are from michigan,the problem I found up there is the sand,it get up in the holes with the ice and talk about clip wear wow it gets bad. now I have been curious as the dyna slides have grooves but they run out the back and sand or other debris could exit there.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I have seen the groove ones, they got good revues. I do some crappy riding in old forge sometimes and that hole thing wouldnt do to nice on the clips but if we get good snow thats a great idea. Never heard of the colored ones burning up faster... However, there are different brands that make Hyfax and if you buy a cheap set they will go quicker regardless of color, most shops carry decent hyfax but once in awhile you can get a poorly made pair. I think the colored ones look good (mainly because i purchased a set of silver ones for the Pantera and the ZL 800) hahah

·
Registered
512 Posts
Originally posted by sledcrazy@Oct 7 2002, 11:05 PM
well some people like to look at their sled for hours sitting in the garage and admire it. (me) lol.
Well I agree with that.. But when i look at my sled, I am only impressing my self! lol If i want to impress others I go jump some things where others can see me.. SO I guess then they might see my colored slides.. :thumbsup: But i do realize half the fun in sledding is pimping your sled out!!! hehehe.. :D After all, I forgot about when you park for food and GAS!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
damn straight about all that zr006catman!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts