Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody try the slydogs yet ?

I was wondering if they are harder to turn than stock or dart more than stock?

Also if you had did you still shim the ski ?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I put on a set just last year.

They are one of the easier turning aftermarket skis out there. Tough to gage if it's easier than stock, but it certainly turned better than stock. The more you push this ski, the more aggressive it becomes.

I shimmed them as well, not only to reduce the darting, but to put equalize pressure and wear across the length of the carbides.

If you buy a set, opt for the Powderhounds, which apparently are equal in performance on the trails to their "trail" ski, but provide better flotation and handling in the soft snow, as they are wider.

Also consider putting on a set of "ski savers" from Bergstrom Skegs. Due to last year's horrible low snow conditions, my skis suffered a good deal of wear. These are supposed to alleviate that problem, as well as help with any darting issues.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
they are not as aggessive as a c&a ski but a great trail ski. they were made to reduce steering effort and darting so if that what your looking at there a good bet for you. big upgrade to stock skis, yamaha probably has the worst stock ski to over the other manufatures

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never have a problem with Darting or maybe I just dont notice anymore but my wife complains its hard to steer on the sxr. I could put dualies on but if I ride that sled they would drive me nuts. So I think I will take the skis off the APEX put them on the SXR and buy some slydogs for me.

Thanks for the diff on the powderhounds Thats the way to go I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts