Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 98 yamaha srx 700 triple and when i started it, it was smokin like crazy, like above normal there was like a cloud like 15 feet aound it and 5 feet high!! it was pretty thick smoke too.. what could this be....??

·
Registered
496 Posts
Normal . My sxr kills the skeeters for miles around til it warms up. You cant even see in the garage someday someone is going to call the fire dep.

·
Registered
593 Posts
did you fog it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
please be carefull on it . those sleds are really fast . M[/b]
thanks for the caring.... ill be a very cautios driver as i dont want to kill myslef and becasue im only 16.. thanks for all the tips and concern

Andrew

·
Registered
496 Posts
That is wicked fast sled . One of the great muscle sleds of that era , treat it with respect . It doesnt handle at speed like a new sled so remember not to get over your head.

Also you can easily over drive that headlight and the power bulge on the right side of the hood makes it even worse . To many times I over drove that light trying to catch up .

Also if it hasnt been done put the updated handle bars on it they are wider and help with the steering and better ergos .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also you can easily over drive that headlight and the power bulge on the right side of the hood makes it even worse . To many times I over drove that light trying to catch up .[/b]
i dont understand this quote? can u explain in 16 year old words?lol Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
What I mean is the light 0n a 98 is poor . The hood has a hump on the right side for the pipes and it cuts the light out alittle to your right side veiw. They put better lights on later models . You can get a brighter bulb and led tail light but compared to newer sleds it only helps alittle.

So bottom line your reaction time at night at high speeds is much shorter so dont push it to try to keep up if you loose somebody .

The handle bar is like 20 some bucks its worth getting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I mean is the light 0n a 98 is poor . The hood has a hump on the right side for the pipes and it cuts the light out alittle to your right side veiw. They put better lights on later models . You can get a brighter bulb and led tail light but compared to newer sleds it only helps alittle.

So bottom line your reaction time at night at high speeds is much shorter so dont push it to try to keep up if you loose somebody .

The handle bar is like 20 some bucks its worth getting.[/b]
where would i find a handle bar like that? and plus i dont know hot to install it all with the throttle cable and everything..??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts