Snowmobile World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i realize that two strokes smoke, just because of the oil injection or oil premix.... but when i give the sled throttle on the stand, it will go full speed no prob and idle back down, when i putted around the yard on it, it was smoky when i gave it gas, smoky meaning thick white cloud of smoke.... and i had to flip the enricher on to keep it from cuttin out.... i'm thinkin its just cuz i'm runnin the old ####ty gas out of the engine from the previous owner, and i put more than the reccomended amount of pretro based carb cleaner into the gas tank... Two probable causes?

thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
carb cleaner don't work in this application....

pull them apart and clean them right you'll be amazed ! :sly:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
didn't want to resort to that........... they'll never fully clean themselves? i guess i'm gonna pull em apart in the coming weeks, gun deer opens this weekend so i'm not doin it for 9 days..... need snow!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Pulling it down for lots of smoke might no be a good idea if it's running OK otherwise. Lots of fuel and oil build up in the exhaust and bottom of crankcase when they're started a lot without actually getting out and running them - as in out on a trail/lake or whatever in cold weather - not as in around the yard in 50 degree weather.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pulling it down for lots of smoke might no be a good idea if it's running OK otherwise. Lots of fuel and oil build up in the exhaust and bottom of crankcase when they're started a lot without actually getting out and running them - as in out on a trail/lake or whatever in cold weather - not as in around the yard in 50 degree weather.[/b]

so i'll wait till we actually get some snow and ride it around for the day to burn up the rez thats in the pipes, ait will clear out hopefully??? previous owner didn't know crap about sleds, so i'm fixing his mistakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts