Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the April 26th deadline approachs here for putting your money down to sno check a new 03 Rev, I'm not sure what I want to do? Thought I'd ask the question out there and see how many of you have stepped up  to get a copy of this new sled, and did you get the 600HO or the 800? Thanks DooZ...

·
Registered
858 Posts
My bro snowchecked the 800 (so he could beat my 670
) sport package. No need for the stiff suspension of the X if they are going to be the same sport package as I tried on the REV. He's getting RER DPM and 1.75 lug track. Since he works at the dealership, he got a really good deal. I'm waiting for a longtrack version and for a descent motor, either the new 800 HO or SDI. I don't think the 800 is really usefull as the REV is unstable at high speeds. The 600 ho with lowered gears to get more torque should be more than enought.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
no didn't and probably from the pocket book i will not, it's killing me to order but i go along now making up excuses like maybe the first year won't be good.  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
sharkey,
 yup you are right and i think it just happens to be the familiar term just like people say let's go ski-dooing when they all ride a yamaha.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
If I were to order a rev it would be a 600ho sport.

I am going to wait a year and hopefully get some seat time in one to make sure its for me.

2 of my riding buddies orderd revs.
One of them doesn't even know he is getting it.His wife orderd it on the sly.What a nice surprise eh?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
are all wisconsin wives like that ? wow a i hope he doesn't order on also.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Yep,most of them

Laurie was going to buy me a 99 ZX chassis mxz 600 in Feb. of 99.The dealer had just sold the last one he had earlier that day.So I went out and bought her a brand new Formula S 380 a week later.Then a month later I ordered myself a 00 mxz 500.I'm glad that she didn't end up getting me the '99 cause the sc 10 2 is a way better skid.

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
My wife just ordered a REV 600HO RER with 1 1/4" track, DPM, and electric start.. All Black. She was going to get the 'X' package, but I talked her out of it. I thought it would be too stiff of a ride for her. I'm sticking with the MXZ 800 X on the ZX-X platform. I'm extremely happy with my 800. No need for a new one. (yet)  

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Idooski you just wanna make sure your wife's REV will float before you commit yourself to one!  Be sure to let us all know how it goes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The 600 HO sounds like a good trail sled but my dealer said it was only getting 7-8 mpg. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
858 Posts
It better be getting more cause the 800 is doing 10 mpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
REV X 800 The Yellow and Orange.
My dealer told me that last year he had orders for 45 Spring Break Sleds.
This year as of last week he has 23.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Got mine ordered.....800 X in Black. I wanted to see a two tone in person but when the Ski Doo show hit town there wasn't one there so Black it is.  

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I did the Spring Break on my 02 X 800 I did not care for the two tone yellow & black so I went with black. Then added a bunch of yellow to it. Then I saw the yellow & black and liked it.
I have not seen the yellow & orange but I like the way it looks on the Ski-Doo web site so I went with it...

This way I wont have to add a bunch of stuff to it

I hope....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts