Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body here have a sno-stuff silencer from royal or anywhere else. i want a silencer and i think i want one of these but i want to know how good they are?? are they too loud are they too quiet?? any info on the sno stuff rumble pack silencer would be great. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
any body here have a sno-stuff silencer from royal or anywhere else. i want a silencer and i think i want one of these but i want to know how good they are?? are they too loud are they too quiet?? any info on the sno stuff rumble pack silencer would be great. :)[/b]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX39JNepjjA

It a different motor than yours but it should be close to the same loudness.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow that sounds awesome, now i am definatly getting one, in the summer though, gives me something to do since i cant sled, mine as well work on it right.

·
Registered
593 Posts
wow that sounds awesome, now i am definatly getting one, in the summer though, gives me something to do since i cant sled, mine as well work on it right.[/b]

Yeah, it sounds really good.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you get a option of how loud a silencer you want like mbrp does? if not what loudness would you compare it with mbrp(trail, standerd, or race??)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a Sno-Stuff silencer on my 03' 800 Renegade. As for loud..way too loud sometimes. way louder then the race one from MBRP i had on my old sled. However i Love the sound of it and it doesnt bother me too much. i respect where i am when im on the throttle and try not to #### off too many people. Just my 0.02cents :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when is it too loud? and do you know if i can get a standard mbrp silencer for my sled?(99 mxz 600)

·
Registered
121 Posts
when is it too loud?[/b]
It's too loud whenever it is not a stock exhaust and the police give you a ticket on the trail. They don't carry db meters on the trail. If it sounds too loud and it isn't stock they get to make a judgement call. If the police start getting complaints then they will make a point of enforcing the law. You have to remember that Quebec lost a good chunk of trail due to noise complaints.

From the Motorized Snow Vehicle Act
Equipment requirements

Muffler in working order

18. (1) No person shall drive a motorized snow vehicle unless it is equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation and no person shall drive a motorized snow vehicle which has a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon the motorized snow vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44, s. 18 (1).

Removing or modifying any component

(2) No person shall drive or permit to be driven any motorized snow vehicle upon which any component or device, which was required under the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Canada) at the time that the motorized snow vehicle was manufactured or imported into Canada, has been removed, modified or rendered inoperative. R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44, s. 18 (2).

Exception in racing area

(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to a motorized snow vehicle while it is driven in a racing area sanctioned as such by the council of the municipality within which the racing area is located. R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44, s. 18 (3); 2002, c. 17, Sched. F, Table.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok that doesnt really help me, i dont ride trails and if i do i will switch back to stock when i go on ofsc.

·
Registered
593 Posts
ok that doesnt really help me, i dont ride trails and if i do i will switch back to stock when i go on ofsc.[/b]
I could only find a trail and race mbrp can for you sled.

What is a hollywood muffler? I have never heard that term before.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ok that doesnt really help me, i dont ride trails and if i do i will switch back to stock when i go on ofsc.[/b]
I believe the Motorized Snow Vehicle Act applies anytime you take your machine off of your own personal property. You don't have to be on an OFSC trail to be charged with things like noise, no insurance, no registration etc. You can be on crown land or your buddy's field and you still need all of your paperwork with you. Bill 101 dictates that you have to have a trail permit to be on an OFSC trail (along with all of the other documents dictated by the MSV).

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats ok with me, never seen a police or anything in my neck of the woods so doesnt bother me. and im not a retard i have all the required stuff for everywhere i ride, so get off my case.

·
Registered
430 Posts
thats ok with me, never seen a police or anything in my neck of the woods so doesnt bother me. and im not a retard i have all the required stuff for everywhere i ride, so get off my case.[/b]
Then why would you want to make your sled louder and slower?
Do you live where there is no civilization for miles around.
NO YOU DON'T.
You're sled is heard by non-snowmobiliers and that hurts the sport period!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Boo - noisy trail closing sleds,

Hooray - stock mufflers!!

Sorry, we lost a 15 mile connector this season due to loud sled complaints. It was the number one complaint received on the club hot line this winter (trespassing was second). Sure wish the Sheriff and DNR would enforce noise ordinances here in MI.
The land owner said that he would consider re-leasing the land as soon as it snows in August (doesn't look good).

Loud sleds suck!

Sorry citation-83, most people on this site eat, sleep and breathe snowmobiles, anything that reduces their popularity or causes discontent will be very unpopular with many. Comments like "when is it ever too loud" ruffles a lot of feathers.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i actually do live where there is no civilization, there is but only in the summer. i have been doing research on the rumble pack and they seem to be loud from what ppl say but now im thinking about the mbrp trail silencer. also pfft you think a little silencer in a little snowmobile engine is loud, you should hear the cigarette boats that go by in the summer, can put a ringing noise in your ear for hours.

·
Registered
394 Posts
HEy citation, yah they make a mbrp for yours. go with the race can you will like it alot. I ride alot of trail with mine and never had an issue with anyone. as long as you respect the area you are in you shouldnt have a problem. Dont listen to the member preaching about the motor vehicle act. if everyone were to follow the rules all vehicles would remain stock and boring. I know lots of people have dual exaust on there sled haulers?? am i right? there yah go!! Soo Pfffft to the rules.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts