Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know if I can put Sno Pro shocks on my '02 ZR?? I didn't get the limited edition (Cross Country) because I heard of a lot of problems with the adjuster for the ski shocks, the problem is I NEED A STIFFER RIDE!! I'm not worried about it being too stiff because i've ridden a '01 Sno Pro before and i really liked it. Would stiffer springs give me enough of a difference if I got my shocks rebuilt also? Has anybody used Titanium springs?

I appreciate the help.

Does anybody know how much Sno Pro shocks would cost?

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
ya they will fit but why don't you try revalving your shocks first? it will save you alot of money 20 bucks or so per shock or 300 bucks or so to buy shocks.different springs will change the ride also but i'd start with revalving and go from there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I agree.

Just revalve them to the same spec as the snow pro shocks. Only difference is the snow pro have a little more travel and are adjustable due to the clicker reservoir.

You can get a valve part listing for the snow pro shocks at:

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com

Easy job if you have the right tools.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Like Newf said, the remote resivoir only allows more travel in the same shock body. Otherwise our shocks would have to be about 2 or 3 inches longer to get the same travel out of them. Then the clicker is for adjustment. As far as problems with the handlebar adjustment shock... I just rebuilt mine. I have 1500 miles on the sled.
All were pretty easy. Had to replace one seal in the remote adjust one. No big deal. I am however going to start releasing the knob when I am done riding for the day and during trailering. If you keep all that pressure on there it plays hell on that shock. I am also going to try using a little more spring pressure instead of shock pressure this yr. The clicker is nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys, i'm gonna order the rebuild parts from my dealer on fri. and have one of my buddies help with the rebuild :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts