Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in knowing the snowpack and avalanche conditions for the West Yellowstone area let me know and I will try to keep any and everyone updated as much as possilbe. I own a backcountry guide service and sled rental in West and teach avalanche awareness classes for the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center...so with daily updates on both I will try to keep up on any requests for this area. Play hard but live to ride another day!

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ace,

I'm coming out to Jackson hole in march and would like to do 3 days of riding. Any suggestions on lodging and rates for rental and guide?
Wife and I will be skiing at Jackson hole for a few days too.

BC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ace,

I'm coming out to Jackson hole in march and would like to do 3 days of riding. Any suggestions on lodging and rates for rental and guide?
Wife and I will be skiing at Jackson hole for a few days too.

BC[/b]
BC,

Are you going to be riding around Jackson or up north in
Togwatee? I know of a company in both places. Ace

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ace thanks for the offer I'll be hitting you up for some reports towards the end of the month when we head out to West again. Really appreciate the effort all you guys out west make to keep us flat landers safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Staying in Jackson Hole for the skiing.
Want to stay/ride somewhere within 1-2 hour drive of there.

BC[/b]
BC

The company I would look into in Jackson is called High Country Snowmobile Tours. They have a real proffessional set-up and sound like they could accomidate you great for what your wanting...Do their Greys River tour or the Togwatee tour. I've never been out with them just heard good things about them. 1800-524-0130

ndmtn,

Thanks and have a great trip out. I'll post a full season snow report when I get some time. Cool web-site. Fuel the Machines!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this you're company?
I'm not looking for a group tour. Looking for some hard core riding.[/b]
BC,

No this is not my company, this is a company that I had good references come out of from client of mine. Their name ironically enough is High Country Snowmobile Tours, my company is HiCountry Snowmobile Rentals and Ace Powder Guides in West Yellowstone.

IT'S SNOWING OUT!!!!! IT HAS ALREADY ACUMULATED 3 INCHES OF PURE COLD SMOKE POWDER SINCE THE STORM STARTED AN HOUR AND A HALF AGO AND DOES NOT LOOK TO BE LETTING UP ANYTIME SOON BY THE WEATHER MAPS. THEIR FINALLY TALKING IN FEET INSTEAD OF INCHES ON THIS STORM. I'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED! LOOKS LIKE WE'LL BE RIPPIN POW TOMARROW! ACE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WELL TIME FOR THE UPDATE.... AFTER THE LAST POST AND GREAT STORM THAT MOVED THROUGH WE ENDED UP WITH A GOOD SHOT IN THE ARM OF WELCOMED COLD SMOKE POWDER. HERE IN WEST YELLOWSTONE WE RECIEVED ABOUT 6 INCHES AND FOR THE MOST PART NORTH OF TOWN GOT THE BEST OF IT WITH 8-10 INCHES. THE BOYS ARE OUT RIDING TODAY AND I DECLINED THE OPPURTUNITY DUE TO -10 DEGREE TEMPS OUTSIDE. AT 7:00 A.M. IT WAS A WARM -46. CLEAR SKIES AND HARD TO START THE TRUCK. IT IS SUPPOSED TO WARM UP BY SUNDAY TO MID-TEENS BY SUNDAY SO I THINK I'LL DO SOME SERVICES ON RENTALS UNTIL THEN. PICTURES SHOULD COME IN TODAY AFTER THEIR RIDE, SO I'LL TRY TO POST SOME POW PICS SOON.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, its been four days now since the last good dumping. The snow is staying cold and unsettled and the temps are finally rising. This morning at 8:00 a.m. it was a balmy -10. Seems like summer compared to the temps earlier this weekend. The majority of our renters and guided trips are coming back with cold hands and smiles along with sleds full of snow on the running boards....it must not be too bad out there. I will be heading to my favorite secret spot tomarrow with some good friends and will post some shots. Until then you can check out the snow conditions in the area at the attached link. Ace http://www.islandparksnow.net/Avalanche_forecasts.html

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ace just got back from a vacation south and back in the sledding groove again. Were getting ready for our trip out leaving on the 27th for 4 or 5 days depending on the snow and such. Hows it looking out there someone said its getting kinda tracked up is that just near town or all over. I know last year during arctic blast everyone said that but we got out a ways and the riding was still good. Were are some good areas out there right now and whats the avalanche situation look like. Also I think my brother is coming with and he will need a rental again what do you rent and what are your rates. Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote name='NDMtnSledder' post='517656' date='Jan 22 2007, 09:22 PM']Ace just got back from a vacation south and back in the sledding groove again. Were getting ready for our trip out leaving on the 27th for 4 or 5 days depending on the snow and such. Hows it looking out there someone said its getting kinda tracked up is that just near town or all over. I know last year during arctic blast everyone said that but we got out a ways and the riding was still good. Were are some good areas out there right now and whats the avalanche situation look like. Also I think my brother is coming with and he will need a rental again what do you rent and what are your rates. Thanks for everything.[/quote]
ND,
The reports are not on the most favorable side, atleast from a locals perspective, however we did see a small hit of freshies. The guides from the shop are coming back with smiles and untracked stories the past few days so it isn't as bad as people think. No new snow in the near future...start the snow dances! The avi conditions are starting to come around on the possitive side of things. We are concerned about wind loaded slopes mainly right now as everything else seems to be stabalizing well. Of coarse its the wind loaded slopes that are the best fresh pow and challenge climbing. We do have rentals-600cc & 800cc Summit Rev Ski Doos "07" depending on what you need and when we might be able to help you out, we are getting very busy from now to Expo. I have attached some pics from my most recent ride this past weekend in a place we refer to as "Glory Land". [attachment=32755:new_album_022.bmp][attachment=32756:new_album_026.bmp][

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[attachment=32757:new_album_018.bmp][attachment=32758:new_album_016.bmp]
Some more shots from the weekend ride....no powder? Pm me or call me up on the rentals ND. 1 800-457-1116

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
08/09 Season getting started

Well, another year is past us and here we go again. The shops been cleaned of blood and carcasses from the recent hunt, The sleds have all been put together, The crew is showing up and the snow continues to slowly fall. The past season I was to busy riding one of the more epic years I can remember, so my updates and posts were few...I appoligize. I will be more on it this year for those that are truly interested in the avy and snow conditions around the good ol' West Yellowstone area.

Currently, our good buddy Taylor is out on a photo/video shoot with BRP. Even though the valley snow is at a minimal, the mountain snow seems to be good enough for some decent riding and photo ops for the 2010 catalog. Pictures and first hand reports to follow...

Snotel sites north of town are showing 28 inches and south have a bit less with 26 inches. Snow is supposed to continue through out the weekend.....snow dance! The avy conditions are respectable at the moment. The snow pack seems to be fairly strong in the area and as usual to any avalanche possibility....wind slabs are the concern. Riding and sliding should be good in area that are absent of hidden treasures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts