Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Craig Huckerby for SooNews.ca
Thursday, November 1, 2007, 10:28PM

There's a good chance you'll be needing your snow boots and winter jackets by this time next week.

National forecast models calling for a blast of cold air expected to drop across most of Ontario next week that could trigger lake effect snow squalls in the Great Lakes.

"There is certainly a good chance of snow next week" said Jerry Shields from ShiledsWeather and SooWeather.com "A strong cold airmass is expected to drop across much of Ontario next Tuesday." Shileds said.

This is a strong feature that will drop temperatures below freezing for much of eastern Canada and the Northeastern USA.

"A clipper-type system looks to move across the Great Lakes on Monday
and will initially bring rain to the Sault region and then turn to snow as the backside of the system brings cold air in from the north."

Story Continues Below...

·
Registered
465 Posts
will michigan get hit with the cold blast?

by the way, I am going on a junior retreat next week at a oxley retreat house in ontario. You think the place will get hit when I am there?

-Frank

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
i wont get too worried about snow until december. Snow/rain in the forcast tuesday for where i live.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Until things freeze up snow fall's are just a tease![/b]
Very True, but teases can still be good! :p They help make the ground freeze hard for the big snows.
Snow4

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just took both our sleds off the trailer and have them facing OUT from the workshop (just in case).. It's now torture to go in the workshop because the sleds are staring at me. I guess I should throw the covers on them so I can better resist a run on the grass. Is cold grass better for them than warm grass :)

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
I was reading a forum on SledHeads and he claimed Grayling, MI was supposed to get an inch of snow on November 1st. It is getting close.
Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts