Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about the flap system on the REV's? I think it looks like a hoky piece of crap that will be nothing but problems. If its so great why do the race sleds have a full tunnel with standard flap. Allso i think the winshield will be another costly repair.,and it wont keep wind off the rif=der similar to the old Yahmie Exciters. Other than that I'd like to ride one. That what will sell these sleds,the dealers need to get DEMO models for people to test ride,then they wiil be sold maybe???/

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I was wondering if the handle bar mounted windshield will transmit vibration through the bars similar to a bike with a bar mounted windscreen. It may also be sensitive to the wind catching it off angle pushing the bars one way or another.
As for the flap, its certainly buck ugly but if it doesn't freeze full of snow or get knocked off it should keep snow dust off your back ever so nicely.
Like the rest of the sled, only time will tell how well or not the whole package works.
ps I sat on one for the first time at the sled show and walked away feeling the mags, more than ever, have no idea what their talking about with their never ending yaking about sore knees and not being able to change your riding position, suited me just fine at a little over 6'.
Hope it works out for those that bought one.
:)
Rick.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The only thing that flap set up is going to be good for is traping snow between the track and flap/tunnel when you are in deep powder and stuck is the only place you will be going on the rev. Just my 2c

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well ill wait till this coming spring to order my REV. ill let them work out any problems with it. they already had a track fitting problem. there will probly be more.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
That flap is strictly for cooling. It will get more snow up on your exchangers and keep your sled running cool and making good power.

You dont have to worry about it breaking becasue the plastic is only for show. Under the plastic you have a aluminum peice that covers the whole plastic thing and surround the top of the track.

I wouldnt worry about it. One magazine rode the rev for over 2000km and didnt experiance any problems with the sled.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Get them out in the "real" world & lets see the abuse the average riders can put it thru. As I noted in another topic, the locations of the exchangers differ between the race & consumer sleds.

In the Ontario Snowmobiler mag, they think (probably already know) that Ski-doo will release a REV based Legend. If they 'doo, I hope the windshield & hood design is more conducive to rider protection.

I can't imagine riding 150 miles in -30*C weather (quite easily done wayyyy up north) on the REV as it is now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts