Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i hope this pic works-i've been 2 days tryng to figure it out,but i built 3 of these for $100.they should work good.let me know how you like it.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Yeah, you have got my curorisity peaked, send the pics to PH or me.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm sending them to lady k-she gave me her address.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
My brother made a mud flap like that too. It had a square hole in the middle that you put your hitch thru before put it in the receiver. He seems to like how it works.

During the deer hunt I'll take some pictures & post them.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's built from 3 truck mud flaps @ 2 foot wide each.it made the width perfect @ 6 foot.i took a piece of 2" square tube steel and welded it to a 6 foot piece of angle iron.the hitch SLIDES thru the tube and connects to the receiver as normal.yep-had to cut a hole in the center of the flap for the hitch to slide thru and also had to slice the flaps in 2 places for the saftey chains to connect.i also made one with hula skirt(like u.p.s. uses on their trailers) for my utility trailer for summer use.my thanks to LADY K for posting.i'm not the geek that i should be.
;)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
sorry for not posting your pics earlier, i was out of town ! i still am but i just got internet acces this morning and saw your post, thanks ladyk for watching my back :inlove:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the reply dan. SWRules

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, that might be easier/cheaper than putting a salt shield on my trailer. How well does it keep the slush off your sleds? I would probably use some conveyor belt material, and I'm sure could find some used metal around for the frame. Good idea.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jj-i'd use both if i were you.you'll still get a lot of slush from passing cars.the mudflaps were cheap-$7.50 for the whole truck.i used stainless bolts-they're a little pricey-but worth it in the long run. ;)

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I made something very similar to that. I happen to have a bunch (15-20) of those "grass skirts" you see on the back of motor homes. I don't have the actual mounting brackets, but the skirts are 8 feet wide, and 12 inches tall. They work better than the heavier mudflaps because they are not pushing so much wind, giving you a little bit better mileage.

Those pics look good, I'll see if I can get a pic of mine. My problem was that on the Durango, the exhause comes out the back. My buddy's ford truck worked great though for pullin his boat.

Photo to come soon.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
600-it was quarter inch regulae grade truck mud flap.are you really from lincoln park?? SWRules

1 - 20 of 25 Posts