·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight and Sunday in Northern Minnesota measurable snow predicted! :0:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I'm keeping fingers crossed for all of ya up there!! Don't forget to take pics!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Thats awsome to have that in the forcast. Forcast looks worst and worst each day for my area for the whole winter. There blaming Elnino

·
Registered
346 Posts
They are saying at least an 80% chance this weekend in Northern MN

·
Registered
272 Posts
They have snow in ND :D Dad called me this morning informing me that after this weekend I can stay in there hotel (thier out hunting) and I can ride the slded :inlove: SNOW

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
weather.com:

Tonight: Showers early, becoming steady overnite with a few thunderstorms possible. Low 44F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Tomorrow: Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High near 45F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy. Low 21F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.

Sunday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

Monday: Occasional showers. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Tuesday: Snow showers. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Wednesday: Light snow. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Hoping!!!SNOW

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Some of the snow lasted 24 hours! There was still some around the edges of my backyard this morning!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know they're saying warmer than normal, but last year at this time the weather was way warmer than normal, maybe cool off for a day or two then warm back up. By the time it finally got even close to being cold enough to snow, the ground and lakes were so warm it rained, or melted right away.

For the past three weeks its been the opposite, today was comparatively warm and it was average (63) now its not supposed to get above 45 until next Tues. It seems to me that this should be helping to cool down the ground and water so even if it is a few degrees warmer than normal at least the snow may stick.

If Dec - Feb are a few degrees warmer than normal that would be fine by me. It tends to snow more when it's 20f rather than -20f. If I remember right the winter of 2000 - 2001 was warmer than normal too. I doubt we could hope for that again, but an average snowfall that stays would be fine by me.

Last year the sled traveled 3900 miles, of course 2000 of that was on the trailer! The year before I put on 2500 miles mostly in Feb and March and only trailered 200 miles total.

Of course it could all be wishful thinking. I bought into the predictions last year. I'll wait until March to make a call on how this winter is going to be.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It snowed on Saturday night here in St. Cloud. Just some flurries. But nothing great. Thought it was cool we saw the white stuff that early.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts