Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have about 8 inch's of snow now and went on my first sled ride on snow of the year. Fired the 77 elan up on last years gas and she smoked a fine black cloud while a riped up and down the street. I had to much fun lol...
How are you guys doing for snow, there is more snow in the report for this week and the the -19c for a few days blah...

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Glad to hear you got out ! :thumbsup:

Snow4

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx snow4mydooplz, hopfully all you guys will have some snow soon. I'm thinking this will be a good winter for us in the north, thats if it snows like it rained this spring and summer.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Yes, we have some clippers moving through this week... dropping a couple inches here and a couple inches there. More significant snow forecasted for Sunday/Monday so things are shaping up. Trails officially open Saturday so it's just in time this year. :thumbsup: Until then, Ride On Boogie_ Ballbuster ! Glad to hear some of us SW members are enjoying our passion already.

Snow4

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
We ran ran some cottage & forest access roads west of Eel's Lake. 4 miles of the riding was breaking trail. Just 1 set of tracks from another sledder. 32 miles on the 1st day of December :thumbsup:

Hope to get out & run the railbed north of Gilmour.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We ran ran some cottage & forest access roads west of Eel's Lake. 4 miles of the riding was breaking trail. Just 1 set of tracks from another sledder. 32 miles on the 1st day of December :thumbsup:

Hope to get out & run the railbed north of Gilmour.[/b]

Any groomers out? I was told they are grooming rail line from manoth to the peter.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Any groomers out? I was told they are grooming rail line from manoth to the peter.[/b]
I haven't heard. Any pics of the new toy?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Today being Sun, Dec. 2nd we ran the GROOMED rail line from Kinmount to Haliburton at 9:00 AM we had first tracks in a freshly groomed rail line with 3-4 inches of powder on top. There has to be 2 feet of snow on the ground in Haliburton already, now we just need freeze up. Just AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup:

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Getting lots of snow in the Parry Sound area with more in the forecast, should be an early start to the season if the temps stay cold

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I have been out almost everyday for a rip for over a week now. It just keeps getting better and better. I was actually able to pull off a few circles today..lol. It was on snomutts old 500 which is running amazing!! going out on a bigger blast tomorrow with a few gades, will post some pics when we get back. Another snow day tomorrow so no school.

Permafrost

·
Registered
195 Posts
Got 2 feet of snow up here in Elliot Lake Ontario. It's still comming down pretty good as I write this. Groomers have been out working hard already...... gonna be a GOOD season up here!

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
There is a bit of snow north of Huntsville as well, haven't been out yet but that will change shortly ...

I left one of my work tables out last week end ...

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like every where but here has been getting snow, my sister has been trying to get back to thunderBay but the roads are closed and it only 3 hours away. Maybe the storm will come this way, still burnt about 15 gallons riding the elan around on the foot of snow we had for a few weeks.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
We just came back from a just under 3 hour blast. WE were breaking trail everywhere and had a blast. It never got this good here all last winter. I added a pic of my sled before I dug it out from last nights snow.

Permafrost

Attachments

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Was there any rain up there last night?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
There was a little ice pellet action Rev, buts that it the rest is powder. We were on the Big E, but I wasn't gonna be the first guy through the swamps on the Benny re-route section.

Permafrost

·
Registered
402 Posts
Things are shaping up quickly in this part of the country. I'm way behind in my pre-season prep (too much time at work)...I gotta get at it now!.....where in the heck did I leave the Mach last Spring?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi everyone!
Looks like it could be a good start to the season, finally, looking forward to get out soon.
Ride safe everyone!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts