Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a first for this sled. I just got back from Mackinac, Michigan. On the third day of sledding, we headed for Drummond Island. It was snowing pretty good. The snow was between icy balls and small flakes. This crap wreaked havoc on my sled. At first, I thought I was not jetted properly. I run 320's with straight up timing. I advanced timing with no luck; the sled would just bog. New plugs, no change. Finally after about 5 stops to look at the sled, I told my bud, I'm gonna' rejet to stock 310's and see what happens; maybe it's the elevation and weather. Well, when I removed the Sno Pro's air box, I notices a lot of frost on the carb inlets. I used my warm hands to melt the frost on the inlets and moving parts and the sled ran like a raped ape. A few miles later, same problem. We taped the entire air inlet off to only use the inlet just behind the windshield. Then I remembered seeing a lot of racer Sno Pro's  that had that fabric taped on the hood to prevent snow ingestion. My question is WHERE DO I GET ME ONE. This ruined my day as well as my buds. I sure hope someone can help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts