Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, just picked up a 2001 snow pro fan and i have a few ?'s. with all the adjustments on the suspention where is a good place to start. I'm 155 and ride on trails in wis. then there is the timing controler +3 or - 3 where do i start. the sled is stock. do the manuals tell you anything. i was going to pick up the owners manual. i've also heard there is a performance manual. do these cover my sled. i've also heard about the service manual for all sleds is mine in here to, on cd? i'm also going to mess with the clutch it's rattling now so i know it needs to be rebuilt before i hit the trails. i was going to go with the goodwins kit. has anyone used this kit on this sled any comments? the dealer told me the parts to rebuild this clutch is $85. i think thats for both kits. i was thinking about k&n filters also has anyone put these on and what jetting would i have to change. i heard 2 sizes up on the main and one clip down on the needle does that sound about right. any info on this sled be it settings or comments or performance mods would be great, thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I remember right the mid range is very lean. You may want to have the cdi reprogrammed to trailride this sled without a problem maybe fatten up the needle. Don't recommend turning the button past 0 on the trail and keeping the sled together. I took out my pistons riding on the trail riding 40 miles on hour. I have had sx sleds since 96 this was the only one to break the engine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just got a 02 one myself. Don't know alot about timing issues. I have pretty much the same questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts