Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today in the papers it was reported that Bragg Creek, Turner Valley & Black Diamond, communities west of Calgary, Alberta got 4 cms (almost 2 inches) of snow Friday morning.  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ultrasaurus, where do Calgary sledders go to ride, the mountains or the provincial forests east of the Rockies?

During the May 2-4 weekend in '98 I was driving on the TCH from Calgary to Golden, BC. In the foothills, a pickup w/ a sled in the back & 2 on a trailer passed us. While in Golden, we saw a RMK in the back of another truck. Didn't have a chance to talk to the sledder.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ultrasaurus @ Aug. 17, 2002, 11:10pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From Calgary the mountains look like they did in May. Only 2 more months to go before the frist ride .[/b][/quote]
You get to ride in October ? ?  

Here its end of november if we are lucky !  

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Imagine how *I* feel!!!  Once a year if I'm lucky!!!  

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are lots of places to ride within an hour or so from Calgary in the foothills. If you ride the mountains it seems if you live in north end Calgary you head west to Golden or Revy to many places to list off. If you live in the south Calgary you head s.w.to Crowsnest or Fernie there again to many places to list. To ride in Oct. you can go to Golden or Revy. ( most years) & ride well in to June if your lucky.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wolfman @ Aug. 18, 2002, 11:35pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Imagine how *I* feel!!!  Once a year if I'm lucky!!!  
[/b][/quote]
You need to get the heck outta Texas if you'd like more snow Wolfman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts