Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live almost in the middle of Wisconsin and we only have like a 1cm of snow on the groud. My best guess is we will start riding mid December to Christmas. Anyone else have any ideas? ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well around here riding doesnt usually start till christmas or a little before. But i think in a week or two I will be riding.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here in Vermont were getting snow in various amounts depending on what part of the state your in. There still isn't enough snow in most places. The higher elevations and out on the east side the snow amounts are usually greater than where I live. I could ride the trials in my area on the west side of the state,there still is enough snow to have some fun and take short rides, but our trails don't open until December 15th when the deer hunting season is over. So, I'm not riding on the trails to respect the land owners and hunters. I have been playing around my house though on my ZL600. I can't wait to get my new Rev600 and ride that sled!

·
Registered
58 Posts
VT,

I just picked up a stock 99 ZL600 EFI, mint with only 1300 miles. Have you tricked your sled out, and if so...any suggestions for me?

Thanks...

·
Registered
27 Posts
StAyFrOsTy I live in the norhtern part of michigan and we have 6in.

·
Registered
328 Posts
well it was 5 degrees F this morning and it warmed up to 51 this afternoon. at this rate it ain't ever gonna snow here in iowa. have not had a single bit of precip in over a month.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Go check out the forecast for zip code 04103.

·
Registered
624 Posts
We had none,,, since Friday night we've got at least 8 inches here,, up to 12 in other parts of the NW Lower Penisula of MI Woooooo Hooooooooooo! Good start! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
keep em coming guys I want to hear about it. :D :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
VT...i rode tug hill today(NY)...they got hammered with lake effect! 2 feet in some areas...the REV600HO is unreal!! your gonna love it..only put on 60 miles, but it was a great 1st ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by slarson@Dec 1 2002, 05:49 PM
Northern Maine is in the midst of 7-12 inches right now! That should be a good base!
Slarson, I live in millinocket, Around me there is about 5 inches. Up way north.... Fort kent, houlton, caribou area is full blast riding. I think somewheres around 16"

·
Registered
72 Posts
Plxnbury,

That ZL600 sounds like a good deal with only 1300 miles on it. I wouldn't know how to keep a 3 to 4 year old sled low on miles! I just like to ride too much. In fact for me 1300 miles is about half of a season's ride. I usually manage to rack up over 2000 miles every season. My ZL600 is in very good shape. I've kept it well maintained and never beat on it. It has just under 9000 miles and still runs very strong. I did have to replace worn suspension componets, but other than that it's been a real good sled for me. The drive train, clutch, track is still all the original and no breakdowns other than a blown belt from towing a friends polaris out of the woods. I'm switching to Ski-Doo only because I liked the Rev 600 so much. As far as your question to performance mods, I personally never had anything done and kept it all stock, so I'm not really the person to ask. Have fun with it! It should be a good sled.

Gotspeed!

Yeh!... I know!..... Your making me anxious and Jealous all at the same time! I hope that Rev gets here soon. I'm really getting the itch to drive it! All you guys that had a chance too drive your Rev's have all said nothing but good things about them. It's great to hear all the input from your first rides. I guess at least I shouldn't have to wait to drive it when I do get it home . Instead of parking it in the garage and admire it, I will take it off the trailer and ride it! Have fun!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i'll be riding this weekend no problem, won't have to use the trailer if this keeps up.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I rode a few miles today. About 12 inches of fluffy snow, and groomed trails. Met a guy on a REV 600 HO boy was he grinnin' :D It had only 62 miles on it, and this guy was :inlove:

·
Registered
959 Posts
well i went for a stroll around the yard today! and im just south of you i think it will be about x-mas for a good ride though ???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts