Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
LOL yup snow hawk wanna be. very creative i wonder how much that cost or will cost to maintain it. I seen a pic of a Yamaha Bashee atv with a dual track set up one time. :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
lol the snow hawk would put that to shame :p

·
Registered
678 Posts
Looks heavy, a lot of metal in that skid.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
That's what I was thinking....a lot of weight in the rearend. Would be fun to try though.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i think i would drive that over the sno-hawk.. that looks more stable but heavy whats the price?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
whoever came up with that thing has alot of time on his hands and spent a little time doing the smoking the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The only thing that conglomaration would be good for is digging snow tunnels.

How could one compare that to a SnowHawk. Rob would be laughing at that if he saw it :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
FZ700,

was that thing called the "SnoMoto" and came from Idaho?

I can't believe I didn't see that thign at Hay Days, but I was pretty busy for the entire weekend this year.

It's a neat concept, but it won't work in deep snow. The track has to be below the driver and there has to be some sort of a buffer at the leading edge of the track, like our apporach angles on our sleds and on the Hawk.

....in addition to all of that, there's always somewhat of a "this doesn't make sense" vibe when I see kits like these. If they will not perform well in deep snow, why do you need them? I used to stud my CR250 and run it on hardpack all the time! Many of my snowmobile buddies couldn't come close to me on twisty trails and I'm sure my studded CR would smoke that contraption too!

Just a thought.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It looks like a track assembly from one of those 4 wheeler kits. My dealer had a pamphlet for thoose kits and i thought it said the kit weighed a total of 600pounds so a 1/4 of that at 150 is alot of weight.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Can't imagine you could lean into a corner with that flat track on the back... it even stands up on its own without a kickstand.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I looks to me like it wouldn't work well, And if it did only in a few inches of snow. It also looks GAY.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the track set-up came from Matt tracks. It was put together just for fun. There was also a sled with four wheeler tires front/back. That was cool looking, it used a chain drive. I will try to find that picture! Summer is too long, and winter is too short!!!!!!

FZ700

1 - 18 of 18 Posts