Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's snowing like crazy here in Buffalo. What is the average amount of snow you guy's will ride on?? I am new to snowmobiling and was just wondering.

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
I live down near Olean, NY and I rode around in my field yesterday. We had about 7-8" of snow and it was enough to have fun in. The ground not being frozen yet didn't help much though (tore up grass).
I don't suggest riding in the woods though, as I found out yesterday. Hunting season ends Dec. 15th and that is when the trails open (oops).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Niagara Falls - We have about 8" now. I have a buddy that lives in Hamburg and he said the have close to 2' already, good ole Lake Erie dumping the snow on them.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Two feet!! man get the blower out and blow some of that up here lol :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Any of you guys sure of the Dec. 15 trail opening date? I go above the north- south deer hunting line for sledding, (Sabbattis)not to far from Watertown ,and according to the hunting guide all deer seasons end Dec. 3 for above the line!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
hello,

i live in holland we have about 2 feet of snow,

i quite frequently go through strykersville as we have a cabin in orangeville about 10 minutes from the pub by car

yes positive on the december 15th for erie county not positive but i think wyoming county is the same
:(

i have heard that up higher ( around water town) the season starts earlyier

·
Registered
221 Posts
The same Dec. 15th rule for Cattaraugus and Chautaqua counties. We got a bunch of snow, 10" at my house all the way up to 2' in some areas of the county and we can't even ride the DESIGNATED trails because of the rule ??? . I rode on small trails last night and it was great. Anyone ride at Allegany State Park or Ski Wing in Allegany,NY? Both are great spots. How is Springville for riding?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I go to college at Alfred State which is about 15 mins. from Belmont. I have never ridden over this way though. They have about 8" in Belmont. We are in store for a good ole winter. We haven't had this much snow this early in a LONG time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i tried riding from letchworth to allegany state park

almost made it but that indian res. got in our way so we will have to try and go around it this year!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts