Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to see where the majority is here.  I am hoping most people belong or would like to belong.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have not found a club that`s close to me in N.H but I ride in maine not sure what to doo.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I belong, and try to be an active participant when I can.Not just pay the dues, but help out on the trails, etc. Of course I have room for improvement, and my goal is to become more active in  my club.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
If there was ever snow in my area, their might be a club I could join.  But no such luck.

I always have to travel to ride.

FishHog

·
Registered
677 Posts
In New Brunswick when you buy your trail pass you belong to the club that is the closest to your residence. So it is automatic as we have to buy a pass to ride on the trails.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see some of you do not belong to clubs because you do not have one around you.  Have you ever talked to the clubs around where you ride?  We have a small club and about 10 of our members are from the south and joined because they have cabins or trailers up here and ride on our trails.  They normally do not help with our functions but to just have them in the club is good enough because then they know how much work actually goes in to upkeep on the trails.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yes I belong to a club. I don't help out as much as I would like to but do as much as time will allow. Rick.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think that an important point is being missed here.  Yes clubs are good but you should also belong to your state ###. and the Blue Ribbon Coalition.  These are the people that put the time and money into fight for our rights as snowmobilers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ride near Harbor Springs but live downstate.  I met a guy who's running the Harbor Springs club at a Golf Club during lunch.  After chatting with him, "he was picking up trail fund donation money" my friend and I joined on the spot.  Just to support the clubs where we ride.

It's not much money and can help you keep in touch with issues by being a member of a club.  A few extra dollars a year, heck even some donations to keep snowmobiling in Yellowstone is not to much to ask when you consider the hours of fun you get out of riding.   It's almost silly not to join up somewhere.  I get flyers from the club, although I cannot attend most of their events, it keeps us up on what's happening.

Greg

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yup I belong !
Joined in the winter of 96 as a groomer operator and have worked my way up in the Club. Just finished (in the spring ) as a
Vice President for 2 years and this spring they hired me to be the Operations Manager and look after all OFSC paper work and permits as well as many other jobs. I was nominated as the Club volunteer of the year for 2002 . For that I got a nice leather hat, This past weekend at the AGM in North Bay I also won the Volunteer of the year award for our District and recieved a Choko coat and a watch. As well I also sit on our District board as a Director.

There are many people that donate a great amount of their time to make this sport all that it is and can be. Without the Club members and volunteers this sport would not be what it is today . To all the rest of the Volunteers .....THANK YOU !

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that an important point is being missed here.  Yes clubs are good but you should also belong to your state ###. and the Blue Ribbon Coalition.  

T_cat could you give me some info on this.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think i'm going to be joining the Arnold Trail Snowmobile Club in Eustis, Me this year. I really wanted to last year but wasnt sure what I wanted to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts