Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cover is very dirty. I spray it off at carwash evry once in a while. The tag says to hand wash. I would like to know if anyone has machine washed theirs without damaging it?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I put my sled cover in the wash last season, came out pretty clean and still looks good! I actually washed it 3 times and let it air dry.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I can picture that ladyk. my snowmobile cover won't be any worse than what I put in there already.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I agree, wash in machine and hang dry.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you choose to wash it use about 1/4 the normal detergent you use for a regular load, it not only saves you on detergent, and you won't have to worry about your sled getting all stinky with that clean smell :sly:

·
Registered
162 Posts
A friend of mine took his to the laundry mat and they charged 10-15 bucks and it came out like new
Gerry

·
Registered
213 Posts
ger ,get your buddy to save 15 bucks,washing machine works fine.

·
Registered
191 Posts
After washing it in a machine, you might want to apply some silicone type sealant on it... something like a tent water proofing spray. I noticed that my new cover has some on it... it got all dirty taking my new sled home but it beaded and rolled right off... was real impressed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts