Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never really known how far I lived from my dealer so I set the tripper and away I drove. I live 40.2 miles away one direction. How far do others have to go?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I'll win this contest.....how about 240 miles!!! That is one way.

·
Registered
745 Posts
10 Miles round trip, I tend to stop there alot. I know everyone there on a first name bases.

FZ700 :D

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i live 20 miles from the doo dealer, 10 miles from a yamaha/arctic-cat dealer and 3 miles from a new polaris dealer.

·
Registered
959 Posts
well it depends what i need if i need just standard parts i go to my buddys dealer ( the blade guy) which is only about 100 yds from my house so i walk there or just drive my sled in the winter and im htere everyday then the cat dealer i go to ( young america ) is about 25-30 min away just off of the interstate

·
Registered
176 Posts
my dealer is 1/2 the ride to work but work is only 5or6 miles :D but you do have to cross the state line :doh:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry Jim, I beat you. My dealer's 290 miles one way. At least it's on the way to visit some relatives, so I can stop on the way, drop the sleds off or pick up some goodies. But, the long distant relationship sucks. However, if I lived closer, I'm sure I'd spend more money, so because of this, my marriage stays on the up and up.

Jon ???

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Jon, if we could get Holzauer's to deal w/us, we'd save a lot of time. Too bad he doesn't realize the business he's missing. Maybe we should propose to him to let us run that part of his business....you could handle the Yammi people and I'd take care of the CAT people.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My cat dealer is about 15 miles away. Hopefully he stays open. The cenex coop currently ownes it and he's trying to start it on his own being they are going to drop it. If things don't work out for him i'll be 45 miles from a dealer I really don't like. Don't know were I'll go then.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have 2 Skidoo dealers within 30 miles. I use the closer one (10miles) if I just need to pick up oil or something like that but if I need service I go to the other. (That's where I bought my doo)

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
The Doo dealer that is closest too me(45km) is worthless. Everything is way overpriced and the service is terrible. I dont even know how far it is to my doo dealer but it takes almost 2 hours to get there. I will set the tripometre on friday when i go.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yea Jim, that's a good idea. I do think there's a market in this area for sled sales, but I think they're trying to make up for their lack of sales by a tremendous markup on each sled. (Did that make sense?) I can understand a dealer wanting a decent profit, but their prices are a bit ridiculous. If I were them, I'd be somewhat concerned about locals who want sleds going two hundred plus miles to do business. They do have some diehards, but I know for a fact that they're getting fed up too. I think it's a case of the owner being so diversified that the sled sales really don't mean much in the big scheme of things.

Jon

·
Registered
757 Posts
The closest Cat dealer is 3 miles away but I use him only if I need parts in a hurry. He'll never touch my sleds. My (good) dealer is 41 miles way.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Closest dealers are SD-3 blocks AC-15 min Yam-5 min Polaris-30 min

My dealer is 90-100 mile drive. Nelson's Speed Shop in Greenville, MI. I am very picky when it comes to my sleds and Nelson's has treated me real good. Best deals and best service, even when they didn't have a building to work in (before the trailers went in after the fire even:( )

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I HAVE THREE DEALER SWHIPS WITH IN A 30 MINUTE DRIVE, AND ANOTHER 2 ARE AN HOUR AWAY, IF SOMEBODY DOESN'T HAVE THE PART SOME ONE ELSE WILL. I ALSO LIVE ABOUT 1.25 HRS AWAY FROM THE AC FACTOREY. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts