Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if snowmobilers don't get enough flack, i just heard on the radio news that a snowmobiler on an old light blue coloured sled (snojet??) approached a pedestrian and pulled out a gun, demanding the persons wallet. Then escaping to parts unknown.  I remember crazy sled robberies up on simcoe a few years back.  The keswick snowmobile bank robberies. Only in Canada EH.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, somewhere in ontario? I will listen to the news again. Conditions are mint here right now. We got a nice dumping yesterday and last night.

·
Registered
416 Posts
We had a snowmobile bank robbery here in Saskatchewan few years ago. The guy did it in the middle of a blizzard and he was never caught. Pretty clever.  

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard the news story in full and i stand corrected. A snowmobiler got mugged on the railbed line north of Uxbridge,Ontario. He was stopped at a roadway and a van pulled up and three armed thugs robbed him. Suspects 1,2 and three are described as black males.

·
Registered
85 Posts
2 weeks ago some kids piled a bunch of signs in the trail near here, and when a pair of riders stopped they attacked em with clubs/pipes (riders were unsure) and tried to take their sleds. Luckly both snowmobiles grabbed the gas and got away unharmed. Attackers were desribed as 3 people in their late teens, on with long hair and black pants and 2 with dark jeans. Wow, I wonder why they didn't catch em yet...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Michigan about 6 months ago allowed residents to apply for  concealed weapons permits. So technically in Michigan you can if you go though the proper lines.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts