Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard on the radio the local yamaha shop advertising the RX1 as the snowmobile of the year. Is there truth to this? I don't think snowmobile of the year awards should go out until the end of the season. How can a handful of people decide this before the masses have a opportunity to ride them. One never knows if the production sleds will be a big POS with more problems than u can shake a stick at. Sure every sled has been tested but those are prototypes.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It's true...already rated (not voted) #1 in Snogoer magazine. I agree, not just 'cause the RX-1 won, but this is way too early to rate the sleds. Remember, this is rated by the mag, not voted on by the public. It's all a part of the hype to get the season going. If they waited 'til later in the season, overall sales probably would not benefit, and the results might be different. The RX-1 might very well be the sled of the year, but how can they expect anyone to realize that since the public hasn't had any seat time. I want to hear from the owners w/experience, not the magazines predictions.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
That's why these "sled of the year" awards are so bogus. :devil: Unless your brand happens to win it :D :thumbsup:

The Viper wasn't exactly trouble free last winter. I saw 2 being towed into Smooth Rock Falls within 10 minutes of each on the trail to Timmins.

Does anyone have a list of the past sleds of the year from Snow Goer?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I belive the MXZ ZX won it in 99 or 2000 or maybe both.

I just cant belive they passed up the Mach Z yet another year.

A

·
0 Posts
How can they rate it sled of the year now? It's getting spanked all over the place with stock clutching.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Its got nothing to do with grass racing there arcticzrt, it is the magazine editors choice. As far as why the mach was not chosen it is a great sled, but never has been cutting edge in style or technology hense no award. Besides you have to pay off the magazines.hehehe. But seriously I agree that the sled of the year should absolutely not be chosen from a ride on a prototype,even if I did buy one. :withstupid:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just posted this in another thread, it applies here as well.
-----
PH is right. All that is bought and paid for, means nothing. In the beginning of my career I worked at Campbell-Ewald, a large ad agency that handles Chevy/GMC. Every year we had to put together several extensive proposals of what we would do if car X would be chosen as Motor Trends Car of the Year, you know the little trophy with the calipers. The proposal had to include sample creative but most importantly how much $ would be spent promoting the fact that car X was chosen. Of course none of that was supposed to affect their decision . . . It's all about the money.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Yep, they should wait til mid year I think.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I found an article in Snowsports about the sled of the year - RX1. The criteria that they look for in naming a sled of the year is stated as follows. "The Snowmobile Of The Year is about innovation and technology. This machine breaks new ground. It's a trendsetter. It represents the future of snowmobiling. It offeres a unique and positive impact on the sport."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts