Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday they had some ice oval and snocross racing up by me. The oval was made on our dirt track and the snocross was in the infield. The oval races had polaris and cat spliting the wins there was only one doo. Then in the snocross cat was kickn butt polaris won a couple heats and ski doo didn't have to good of luck. The finals are today but the way the wind was blowing i'm not going today.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm from Sturgeon Bay.  It was USSA ice ovals and sno cross.  I only watched sunday afternoon only, I was busy Saturday must have sucked watching in the weather anyways.  Lots of cat and polaris's on the ice ovals, only a few doo's I think a couple yami's.  I thought the snowcross track seemed kinda short and narrow, starting line was right before a curve too.  Not much room to see some good passing ect.  It was alright I liked the ice ovals the best.  Lots of boy racer wanna be's on the sno cross "I'd like to thank my sponsers, first my dad" was a common phrase LOL.  

Sure would like to get some drag racing going again, used to have some real good racing at the Moorings, that has been gone for a few years, then it's been radar runs at Kangaroo Lake.  Guess about 20 years ago stuff was going on every other weekend or even every week end.  I need to talk to some people and get some drags going again around here.

How much snow did you get up on the tip of the county?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm from the Denmark area myself, Some one should get some drags going. It would be fun to see what my Pro-X fan could do. Although it can't even touch my old Zrt 600(engine fire)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheether we got the same amount as you and as of tuesday the trail are open from bailey harbor  north thou in the fields all there is on the trails is grass. Saturday sucked big time the wind was just raw and the warming tent was a joke. Also what kind of sled do you ride?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The only sled I have right now is a 73 eltigre (its for sale
) if it don't sell it's gonna be made into a vintage oval or drag sled.  I'm going to school for machine tool in Green Bay so I can't afford a different sled right now.  My younger brother has a 98 Zr 600 carb.  Hopefully next year I'll be on something made in this decade LOL.  Yeah the trails are the same here, the wind blew the snow off in the open.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know how you feel i go to nwtc here in sturgeon bay for the diesel classes and over christmas break i bought my sled and i've put more miles with it on the trailer than on the trail. So its for sale right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts