Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas and ladies...i have been looking at the message board for about the last month and finally have a question that i have not seen an answer too. I am from detroit area and have been calling around finding out when the start of snowmobile season in Canada is and i keep getting different answers...can someone please give me a definite answer...Ive been calling North Bay and Sudbury and is there any snow there right now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
700 , there is some snow in the cochrane ontario area,and where I am in the Ignace area, but the season will not officially open till probably mid january, thats when the groomers will start to make there magic on the trails. That is if we have sufficient snow [about 12-14inches] . At the club meetings in the past years, that was the agenda and its probably the same this year.Hope this helps you a bit. P.S. permafrost has some pics on his post he just made from a few days ago, maybe check it out. :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
700classic : In Ontario there is no definate date as to when the trails open . Some clubs in the north may not fully open till mid January when the swamps and lakes get froze enough to cross with the groomers . But there also maybe some area's that open as soon as there is enough snow to groom . Down here in the southern part of the province we have opened trails as early as Dec 9 but all depends on the snow . Generaly you will have to keep checking web sites like this one and the ones that local clubs have or the ofsc site. It doesn't take long for word to spread when there is snow somewhere to ride .

Just as a point of interest the southern most club in Ontario ( Southern Sno Riders ) were the first ones in Ontario to open their trails last winter. It just goes to show you don't have to go to Cochrane to ride , there is good riding lass than 2 hrs from you

·
Registered
215 Posts
I live in Timmins Ontario and the season started for me 2-3 weeks ago! It was a bit early I guess..but now we have lots of snow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts