Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 pro x 440 and befor it would do 90 95 easy but now it only does 70 and I changed both pulgs so I dont know what it is does any one know if you do please help me out thanks alot !!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the same problem on my ZRT last year it would top out at 110mph or so. And this year it seemed to run fine and then I went out in one of mybosses hay fields and the most I could get was 80mph for a second or two than it would start to fall
But when it was in the 40-45 degrees it would go like a bat out of he!!
 Some one told me that it could be the stator going out but the sled on had 2500miles on it and it was a 97! I never did find out ,had a little engine fire and had to total the sled out
 I just bought a 02 pro-x fan , you could get 90-95mph out if it, what mods did you do to it? Also if its a 02 or 01 shouldn't there be a warranty on it? I would let the dealer worry about it!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That was my first guess(worn belt sitting too low and/or not gripping), but the temp. shouldn't effect a worn belt that much like flyntriple had problems with. Probably 2 different problems between the 2 different sleds though.
If you have warranty let it be the dealaers problem.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am having similar problems with my Doo.

The clickers are on 4, but the belt is worn and is not fully sitting atop the Secondary. It will only rev to 7200 RPMs, it should be up over 8000 anyways! Will a worn belt cause this dramatic drop in RPMs

Thanks

·
Registered
959 Posts
I am having this same problem with my Ultra. If any of you can tell me how to check my belt in detail please do as i want to get it goin good.
Wayne

·
Registered
208 Posts
Did you do any adjusting to your clutches? On my 500 if the secondary is to tight it will not shift out and will only go 70mph. Maybe you need to clean clutches. Also check if your primary spring is broke. I have seen a primary spring broke and the sled would not shift out. How is the rest of the power? Good bottom and midrange still?

·
Registered
305 Posts
i don't know if these questions are directed towards me but i'll answer them.

It has good bottom end and low to mid range (~55mph)

No broken springs

clutches look clean, but might need a closer look.

secondary is not too tight, which I don't know what you mean by that anyways. You mean belt deflection?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Originally posted by whiteice_2000@Mar 8 2002, 01:55 PM
have you lost any rpm or just top speed
THis is the kind of thing we need to know if we're to offer any help at all.
If you've got a problem with your sled and you're going online for advice you have to fill in details, and be as specific as possible about the circumstances that are arising.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On the guy who's sled runs great at 44 degrees, your running lean for some reason and on your way to a burn down, check carbs for jetting and dirt right away. A sled needs to be leaned out when running in warmer weather and so that is my guess.

·
Registered
179 Posts
:devil: ? What is your clutch set up that u are running now on you'r pro x 440Lc is it stock or after market would really appreciate it thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts