Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in buffalo Ny and I have recently found out that if you do some modifications to your sled you can race them at a speed way or a drag strip (lancaster speedway). When I herd this I was amazed I have never really herd of this. I knew that there were grass drags and water crosses but on the pavement. My first reaction of the was SWEET! I think once I get more experience with the sled I am going to go for it I think it could be a lot of fun. Has anyone else herd of this and I just never knew or is it a knew thing. If you get the chance let me know thanks

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
yep you run in the bike classes.at brainard they have a nice race for sleds though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by Lasse@Jun 22 2004, 03:51 AM
A picture from SWEDEN....
Is that guy like 8 feet tall??? Look at how high his legs come up.... Doesn't look comfy at all..

But thanks for the pic :thumbsup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
hey triplenut,
he probably is tall but from what i saw in amsnow mag those new lynx sleds are little compared to what were used to. ithink i read that there only in the 400#+ range,not much there if you ask me.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Originally posted by machz1@Jun 23 2004, 01:31 PM
hey triplenut,
he probably is tall but from what i saw in amsnow mag those new lynx sleds are little compared to what were used to. ithink i read that there only in the 400#+ range,not much there if you ask me.
The LYNX is exactly the same size as the "ZX" chassie !!

·
Registered
195 Posts
yes it is very possible. my friend bill (looneytune) races at lancaster. I will be making a couple more trips out there this summer along with my races at esta in cicero, ny. here is my sled...

and here is bill's F8 he races friday nights at lancaster.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey firecat, what does that viper run beside you. A friend of mine just put his on and is running 11.60 @ 111

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by kragar@Jul 21 2004, 12:11 PM
Hey firecat, what does that viper run beside you. A friend of mine just put his on and is running 11.60 @ 111
not sure, I can check my time slips when i get home... i think he was running mid 11's. I havent seen him before, he was up for the big race.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts